𝟬𝟮𝟰. im scared

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR !im scaredseason four / episode three

im scared
season four / episode three

"You found them like this?" Rick asked Tyreese who turned to him

"You found them like this?" Rick asked Tyreese who turned to him. Rick, Johnathan, Daryl, Tyreese, and Carol all stood in front of the charred bodies of Karen and David, Johnathan averting his eyes from the scene. He liked Karen, she was nice and lightened the mood when they stood out there killing walkers on the fence.

"I came to see Karen...and I saw the blood on the floor," Tyreese told them, pausing for a moment. "Then I smelled them." It was silent for a moment before he started yelling. "Somebody dragged them out here and set them on fire. They killed them and set them on fire!" Tyreese turned to Rick, stepping towards him, Johnathan and Daryl stepping forward as well. "You're a cop. You find out who did this and you bring 'em to me. You understand? You bring 'em to me."

Daryl stepped towards Tyreese. "We'll find out who--"

Tyreese shoved Daryl away, Tyreese looking at Rick. "I need to say it again?"

"No. No." Rick shook his head. "I know what you're feeling. I've been there. You saw me there. It's dangerous."

"Karen didn't deserve this," Tyreese told him. "David didn't deserve it. Nobody does."

"All right, man, let's--" Johnathan started, placing a hand on Tyreese's shoulder. Tyreese turned to him, grabbing his shirt and slamming him into the cell door that led into the rest of the prison.

"Man, I ain't going nowhere till I find out who did this!" Tyreese yelled at him, Johnathan shoving him back.

"Do not put your hands on me!" Johnathan yelled at him, Tyreese moving towards him again, Daryl stepping in between them.

"We're on the same side," Daryl told them, keeping a hand on Johnathan's chest to keep him from moving towards Tyreese, and to keep Tyreese away from him.

"Hey, look, I know what you're going through. We've all lost someone. We know what you're going through right now, but you've got to calm down." Rick told him, reaching forward and placing a hand on Tyreese's shoulder.

Tyreese turned, shoving Rick back. "You need to step the hell back!"

"She wouldn't want you being like this," Rick told him, Tyreese throwing a punch, knocking Rick to the ground.

"Stop! Stop!" Carol yelled, Rick lifting his head as Tyreese threw another punch, blood coming from Rick's mouth. "Stop!"

Daryl grabbed Tyreese, restraining him. "That's enough. That's enough."

Carol helped Rick up, but Rick moved forward, punching Tyreese and sending him back before kicking him in the stomach. Rick stood over Tyreese throwing a few more punches. "That is enough!" Johnathan yelled, wrapping his arms around Rick's shoulders and yanking him back.

"Let go of me!" Rick yelled at Johnathan, shoving him away.

"Stop right now! Both of you!" Johnathan yelled, looking between Rick and Tyreese as if they were crazy. "We'll figure it out. But both of you need to calm the hell down."

"It's spread," Hershel told them, Johnathan biting his tongue to refrain from coughing. He knew he should probably go to cell block A with the rest of them, but he didn't want to end up like Karen and David. He was scared, for the first time in a long time. "Everyone who survived the attack in cell block D. Sasha, Caleb, and now others."

"Jesus," Daryl commented.

"So what do we do?" Carol questioned.

Johnathan looked over at Glenn who was breaking out into a small sweat. They were both sick. "First things first. Cell block A is isolation." Johnathan told her. "We keep the sick people there like we tried with Karen and David."

"What the hell we gonna do about that?" Daryl asked.

"Ask Rick to look into it. Try to make a timeline--who's where when." Carol told him. "But what are we gonna do to stop this?"

Their voices sounded underwater, and Johnathan began coughing, the world blurring out. Johnathan tried to steady his breathing, but he fell to the side, falling out of his chair and he began to cough up blood. He looked up at Hershel who was blurry, hacking up blood. "I- I don't...don't want to end up like them...like Karen and David. I don't want to die."

Johnathan coughed, his eyes opening as he turned on his side, blood hitting the floor. He pulled the blanket draped over his body closer, his breathing heavy. He looked to the side to see Glenn in the other cot placed in the cell. "Hey, pizza man." Johnathan greeted, a weak smile on his face.

"Hi," Glenn spoke, turning his head to look at Johnathan.

Johnathan's eyes burned and his lip trembled as he opened his mouth to speak. Instead, a choked sob left his mouth. "I'm scared," Johnathan admitted, tensing as he felt someone sit beside him. He looked to the side to see Glenn sitting on the edge, his hand moving to rest on Johnathan's arm.

"It's ok to be scared," Glenn told him.

Hershel came inside of their cell, two cups in his hand. He handed one to Johnathan and one to Glenn, helping Johnathan sit up. "Drink that," Hershel told the two, both of them doing as told. Hershel left the cell for a moment, coming back with two rags. He handed them to the two, Glenn moving to lay down in his own cot. "Keep those on your foreheads. Veterinarian's orders."

Johnathan gave him a small smile, holding the cold rag to his forehead. "This sucks," Glenn spoke. "After everything, we just get taken out by a glorified cold."

"Don't say things like that," Hershel told him. "Don't even think things like that."

"All I can do is stop saying them," Glenn told him honestly. Johnathan reached into his shirt and grabbed the necklace that Hershel had given him back on the farm, messing with the ring.

"No, you can do more," Hershel told him. "We got this far somehow, you can believe somehow. Now we all have jobs here. That one's yours." Hershel turned to Johnathan next. "Your job is to survive. I'll be damned if a little head cold takes you out after everything you've been through."

"Yes sir," Johnathan spoke, giving him a small smile as he closed his eyes, resting his head on his arms.

AUTHORS NOTE !

so the next few chapters are a little messy because i write the chapter by the episode and i can't really do that when they're all split up because the chapters would be to short soo

thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment