𝟬𝟮𝟱. youre like my own son

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE !youre like my own sonseason four / episode five

youre like my own son
season four / episode five

"Henry, I need you to calm down," Hershel told Henry, Johnathan helping to hold his mouth open as Hershel stuck the tube for the Ambu bag down the guy's throat

"Henry, I need you to calm down," Hershel told Henry, Johnathan helping to hold his mouth open as Hershel stuck the tube for the Ambu bag down the guy's throat. "We're trying to help." Hershel connected the Ambu bag to the tube and began squeezing it, Henry relaxing. Johnathan let go of Henry, burying his face into his arm as he began coughing. "Drink some of that. All of you." Hershel told Johnathan, Glenn, and Sasha, all three of them trying to help Hershel despite being sick. Glenn passed a cup to Sasha, and then Johnathan, grabbing his own. "Some council meeting, huh?"

"We're two members short." Sasha pointed out, Johnathan leaning back against the wall as he took a sip of the tea.

"I think we should make some new ruled before they get back," Hershel told them, Johnathan looking over at him. "I hereby declare we have spaghetti Tuesdays every Wednesday." Johnathan smiled, taking another sip of the tea. "First we have to find some spaghetti."

"You okay to take over?" Hershel asked, looking over to Sasha. Sasha reached out, grabbing the bag from Hershel. "Every five to six seconds, squeeze. You start feeling lightheaded, grab somebody else to take over. We'll take it in shifts." Hershel then turned to Johnathan and Glenn. "You two want to help me go on my rounds?"

"Yeah." Glenn nodded.

"Sure." Johnathan shrugged, pulling himself off of the ground.

Johnathan stepped over Henry, leaning on the wall outside of the cell, Hershel reached over, patting his shoulder gently. Glenn pulled himself up, stepping over Henry to get out of the cell. "How long will that keep him alive?" Glenn asked, Hershel looking over at him.

"Just as long as we're willing to do it," Hershel stated. "As long as it takes." The three men stepped down the stairs, stopping at a cell with a dead man in it. Johnathan and Glenn stepped inside, Johnathan getting ready to grab his knife. He was startled as Hershel grabbed his wrist. "No. Not here." Hershel whispered, Johnathan slowly putting his knife away. Glenn and Johnathan looked at each other as Hershel left, coming back with a stretcher. "Help me get him on this."

"Okay, but in a couple of hours when Henry's dead--" Glenn started, getting cut off by Hershel.

"Glenn," Hershel said, looking at the man.

"How are we gonna get his body down the stairs, across the cell block, and through those doors without anyone noticing?" Glenn questioned, Johnathan rolling his eyes at the two.

"If that happens--if--you two are gonna help me," Hershel told him.

"And what if we're gone?" Glenn asked, Johnathan looking down at his feet. He was terrified. Terrified of dying. Terrified of never seeing Beth again.

"Shut up and help me get him on this," Hershel told Glenn.

The three picked the man up, covering his body with a sheet before making their way into the separate room. "What are you doing?" A voice asked from behind Johnathan and Hershel, Johnathan turned around to see the same little girl who yelled at him for killing a walker.

"We're taking Mr. Jacobson to a quieter place," Johnathan told her, turning around and pushing the stretching further into the room while Hershel walked towards the little girl.

Hershel pressed a hand to the girl's forehead before looking down at her. "Go get my copy of Tom Sawyer from my room. I want you to read it by tonight. We all got jobs to do. That one's yours."

"I won't finish it." The little girl told him.

"Why?" Hershel asked.

"It's gonna get too dark." She replied.

"Well, give it your best try," Hershel told her. "And drink some tea."

The little girl turned around, glancing back at them before walking away. Hershel pulled out his bible and Johnathan pulled out his knife, lifting Mr. Jacobson's head enough to stab him in the back of the head. "You haven't had to do this yet, have you?" Johnathan asked Hershel, glancing over at him.

Hershel shook his head. "There was one late last night. Sasha did it. People don't need to see it. I don't need them to."

Mr. Jacobson started growling and leaning forward, Johnathan stabbing his knife into the back of the man's head before pulling it out, wiping the blood from his knife and onto Mr. Jacobson's shirt, laying the man's head back down. Johnathan put his knife back into the holder on his belt, looking over to Hershel with a sad smile. "Thank you. For taking care of me."

"You're like my own son, Johnathan. I would be sad to see something happen to you." Hershel told Johnathan. Johnathan looked down at the floor as his lip trembled. He heard footsteps before someone was pulling him into a firm hug, Johnathan hugged back with no hesitation as he realized it was Hershel.

Johnathan lay in his cell, a weight falling on top of him. Johnathan's eye shot open, coming face to face with a walker. Johnathan pushed at its chest, using his last bit of strength to keep it from biting him. He reached down, grabbed his pistol from his belt, and aimed it at the walker, blood splattering on his face as he pulled the trigger.

He sat up on his cot, looking down at the girl who was probably around his age. He pulled himself up, pistol in his hand as he stumbled out of his cell. A walker came toward him, and he raised his pistol, squeezing the trigger and watching as the walker fell to the ground. "Hershel!" He yelled, his head darting around to try and find the man. He heard banging coming from the door and stumbled over to it, a body slamming into his before he could reach the door. Johnathan fell to the ground, struggling to keep the walker away.

A gunshot went off and Johnathan looked to the side to see Maggie, glass falling from the door. Maggie stepped through, shooting the walker in the head and Johnathan shoved the walker off of himself. "Where's my dad?" Maggie asked him.

Johnathan pointed to the cell block, Maggie nodding before hurrying inside. Johnathan felt as if the air in his lungs was being restricted, and he gasped for air. He started coughing, blood and spit spluttering from his mouth. He could hear voices, but it was more like a mere buzzing in his ear as someone fell beside him. He felt himself being turned on his side, his body jolting with each cough.

AUTHORS NOTE !

im not mentally prepared for the next few chapters, and i've already written them

thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment