𝟬𝟬𝟯. shane's bullshit

CHAPTER THREE !shanes bullshitseason one / episode two and three and four

CHAPTER THREE !
shanes bullshit
season one / episode two and three and four

Johnathan gathered rocks with a small group, he leaned down to pick up a rock, bumping his head with someone who was going for the same rock

Johnathan gathered rocks with a small group, he leaned down to pick up a rock, bumping his head with someone who was going for the same rock. "Sorry." He apologized as he saw the same girl from last night, Beth.

"It's okay." She smiled, the two standing up as they heard a motorcycle. Johnathan could see the green Hyundai that Shane had been working on and the RV, along with Daryl's motorcycle.

The small group made their way to the house, T-dog going inside to get Rick and Lori. "How is he?" Dale asked Rick and Lori as the two stepped outside.

"He'll pull through, thanks to Hershel and his people," Lori answered.

"And Shane," Rick added.

"And Otis," Johnathan added, giving Shane a smug look.

"We'd have lost Carl if not for him," Rick told Dale. Dale looked around for a moment before pulling Rick into a hug, Carol pulling Lori into a hug.

"How'd it happen?" Dale asked.

"Hunting accident," Rick told him. "That's all...just a stupid accident."

The Greene's had gathered rocks to put in a pile, and Johnathan didn't get the point of it, but that didn't mean he didn't place a rock on the pile to show respect.

"Blessed be god, father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to him for the gift of our brother Otis, for his span of years, for his abundance of character; Otis, who gave his life to save a child's, now more than ever, our most precious asset. We thank you, god, for the peace he enjoys in your embrace. He died as he lived, in grace. Shane, will you speak for Otis?" Hershel asked Shane, who looked guilty, but Johnathan seemed to be the only one to pick up on it, but maybe it was because Shane had some of his father's mannerisms.

"I'm not good at it," Shane admitted, earning a look from Johnathan. "I'm sorry." He apologized, but yet again Johnathan was the only one to pick up on the double meaning.

"You were the last one with him," Patricia said through her tears. "You shared his final moments. Please. I need to hear. I need to know his death had meaning." She pleaded.

"Okay," Shane said quietly, looking at the ground as he began to speak. "We were about done," Shane said, looking up as he began his bullshit speech. "Almost out of ammo. We were down to pistols by then. I was limping. It was bad. Ankle all swollen up. 'We've got to save the boy'. See, that's what he said. He gave me his backpack. He shoved me ahead. 'Run,' he said. He said, 'I'll take the rear. I'll cover you. And when I looked back..." Shane trailed off, Dale looking at Shane suspiciously, then looking at Johnathan who nodded. Shane limped forward, grabbing a rock from the wheel barrel and placing it on the pile. "If not for Otis, I'd have never made it out alive. And that goes for Carl too. It was Otis. He saved us both. If any death ever had meaning, it was his." Shane told Patricia who nodded.

Johnathan looked at Shane, he was sure the man had finally snapped. When he was telling the story it was almost as if Shane himself had believed it.

"How long has this girl been lost?" Hershel asked Rick, a small group huddled around the hood of a car as Maggie brought them a map.

"This'll be day three," Rick told the man.

"County survey map," Maggie told them as she rolled the map out on the hood of the car. "Shows terrain and elevations."

"This is perfect. We can finally get this thing organized. We'll grid the whole area, start searching in teams." Rick told them.

"Not you. not today," Hershel told Rick. "You gave three units of blood. You wouldn't be hiking five minutes in this heat before passing out." The old man then turned to Shane. "And you're ankle...push it now, you'll be laid up a month, no good to anybody."

"Guess it's just me," Daryl said, looking at Johnathan who everyone knew wasn't going to look for Sophia because he assumed she was dead. "I'm gonna head back to the creek, work my way from there."

"I can still be useful," Shane said. "I'll drive up to the interstate, see if Sophia wandered back."

"All right, tomorrow then." Rick said. "We'll start doing this right."

"That means we can't have our people out there with just knives. They need the gun training we've been promising them." Shane said.

"I'd prefer you not carrying guns on my property. We've managed so far without turning this into an armed camp." Hershel told them causing Johnathan to scoff.

"All due respect, you get a crowd of those things wandering in here..." Shane said.

"I'm not giving up my weapons, you can kiss my ass," Johnathan told the old man who looked taken aback by the teenager's remark.

"Look, we're guests here. This is your property and we will respect that." Rick told Shane and Johnathan.

"I will not be respecting that, officer goody toe shoes," Johnathan said before walking away.

Johnathan looked to the side as someone sat down beside him, he saw Beth looking at the field. "What's it like out there?" She asked him. "I haven't left the farm since this whole thing happened."

"Almost everyone is gone. Everything's abandoned, and those things are lurking everywhere. But it's peaceful, quiet, there are no rules. But you have to be strong because if you aren't, you'll die." Johnathan said, glancing at the blonde.

"Why do you say that?" She asked softly, turning to look at him.

"Because it's true. I've seen it." He replied standing up and walking away.

AUTHOR SPEAKS !

i hate everyone but you trope >>>

thank you for reading don't forget to vote and comment