𝟬𝟭𝟮. johnathans in charge

CHAPTER TWELVE !johnathan's in chargeseason three / episode five

CHAPTER TWELVE !
johnathan's in charge
season three / episode five

Johnathan watched Rick carefully, the man seemed like he was going to snap any minute

Johnathan watched Rick carefully, the man seemed like he was going to snap any minute. "Let me see the baby," Hershel said.

"What are we gonna feed it?" Daryl asked. "We got anything a baby can eat?"

"The good news is she looks healthy," Hershel told them. "But she needs formula. And soon or she won't survive."

Johnathan looked at the baby, a small smile forming on his face.

"Nope. No way. Not her. We ain't losing nobody else. I'm going on a run." Daryl told them.

"I'll back you up," Maggie said.

"I'll go, too," Glenn said.

"Okay, think where we're going. Beth." Daryl said, pulling the girl aside. Johnathan's eyes followed them, watching carefully. "You two get the fence. Too many pile up, we got ourselves a problem." Daryl told Oscar and Axel. "Glenn, Maggie, vamonos."

Johnathan watched as Rick moved forward and grabbed the ax off of the ground before storming into the prison. "Get the gate," Daryl said, nobody making a move to do anything. "Come on, we're gonna lose the light. Johnathan, keep an eye on the place. You're in charge while I'm gone."

"Got it." Johnathan nodded.

After a moment Glenn walked back to the group, Daryl and Maggie pulling off. "Okay, Glenn you try to find Rick and talk some sense into him. I'll clean out the cellblock and burn the bodies. And get T's to bury. Beth, you keep an eye on Carl and the baby. Hershel, you make sure nothing happens to that baby."

Everyone nodded and Johnathan and Glenn walked inside, Glenn going to find Rick and Johnathan dragging the dead bodies out and putting them into a pile before moving to drag the other ones. "Let me help," Beth said, getting stopped by Johnathan.

"No, Beth. Just stay with your dad and the kids. I got it." Johnathan snapped causing Beth to back up. Johnathan sighed as he looked at the blonde who was staring at him. "I'm sorry. I'm stressed out and a lot is going on. I didn't mean to snap at you."

Johnathan sat shirtless on the metal table of his and Beth's shared room, his eyes following the blonde girl's movements as she wiped the blood and dirt from his face and hands. "I'm sorry for snapping at you earlier." He spoke out into the silence, Beth glancing at him.

"It's okay. You didn't mean to." Beth said, Johnathan gently grabbing her hand and placing a gentle kiss on her knuckles.

"It's not okay. You were just trying to help." Johnathan told her, a small smile forming as Beth placed her hands on his shoulders. Johnathan placed his hands on her waist, leaning forward and placing his lips on hers.

Johnathan's heart hammers in his chest as their lips touch, one hand pushing himself from the table as he pulled Beth closer, the blonde's thigh brushing against his crotch causing him to pull away. "What's wrong?" Beth asked, Johnathan looking down at her.

"Nothing," Johnathan told her, placing a kiss on her forehead as he rooted around in his bag for a shirt, finding a worn-out black t-shirt and sliding it over his head.

"Are you sure?" Beth asked, rocking back and forth in her place.

"Yeah. Yeah." Johnathan told her before walking out of the cell and making his way to the guard tower for his shift.

AUTHORS NOTE !

should i write smut?!?!? i feel like it could be good for the plot or wtv but i also don't know if it would make people uncomfortable so

thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment