𝟬𝟮𝟬. preparation

CHAPTER TWENTY !preparation season three / episode thirteen

CHAPTER TWENTY !
preparation
season three / episode thirteen

"Carl, come here," Glenn told him, two boxes of bullets in his hand

"Carl, come here," Glenn told him, two boxes of bullets in his hand. They all stood at a table full of guns and ammo, loading the guns and figuring out where to stash them and extra bullets. "You stash these at the loading dock. All right?" Glenn handed the boy the two boxes. He then held two over to Beth. "Beth, put more up on the catwalk. If anyone gets pinned down, we need to make sure that they have plenty of ammo. I'll go work on the cage outside." He picked up a torch, gloves, and a gun.

"What we should be doing is loading some of this firepower in a truck and paying a visit to the governor. We know where he is right now." Merle spoke, Johnathan rolling his eyes. Johnathan was tired, which meant he was irritable. And Merle Dixon had a knack at getting under people's skin.

Glenn turned to him. "Are you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?"

"Yeah, I am," Merle answered.

Michonne spoke up. "We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put."

"I've changed my mind, sweetheart," Merle said, Johnathan picking up one of the rifles, and getting ready to load it. "Being on the sideline with my brother out there ain't sitting right with me."

"The three of them are right in the middle of it," Glenn told Merle. "No idea we're coming. They could get taken hostage or killed. A thousand things could go wrong."

Glenn went to walk away but Merle continued. "And they will."

"Man, would you shut the hell up?" Johnathan snapped.

Carl turned to look at Merle. "My dad can take care of himself."

Carl went to walk away, but Merle continued speaking. "Sorry, son, but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon." Carl ignored him and continued to walk away.

"Don't say that to him," Maggie told Merle, loading bullets into a magazine.

"It's not the right move," Glenn told him after a moment of silence. "Not now. Can't take the risk of putting them in the crossfire. That's my decision. It's final."

"Bunch of pussies." Merle muttered.

"That's it," Johnathan spoke, Maggie looking up in time to see Johnathan slam the butt of the rifle right into Merle's nose.

"Johnathan!" Maggie exclaimed, Johnathan just looked at her before going back to loading the rifle.

It was silent for a few minutes before Merle grabbed a bag and started loading guns into it. A few seconds later Glenn walked in. "Hey, you're not going," Glenn told Merle once again.

"I don't need permission," Merle told him, Maggie watching him while Johnathan tried to ignore him.

"I can't let you," Glenn spoke.

"You can't stop me." Merle retorted.

"If you're gonna live here with us, it's gonna be on our terms," Maggie spoke as Merle grabbed the bag and turned, ready to walk out of the door. "If Michonne can do it, why can't you?"

Merle turned back to Maggie. "Cause it's my brother out there, that's why. What's the matter with y'all?" He then turned away, walking up the stairs and stopping in front of Glenn.

"I'm not gonna let you put them in danger," Glenn told him.

"Nut up already, boy," Merle told him. "This guy cops a feel of your woman and you pussy out like this? Get out of my way."

"No," Glenn told him. It was silent for a moment before the two began fighting, rolling down the stairs. Merle raised his knife hand to Glenn, Maggie jumping on his back. Michonne and Johnathan grabbed either of his arms, holding them back. A gunshot went off behind them, Johnathan turned his head to see Beth pointing a pistol into the air. Jonathan raised his eyebrows at her.

"Let me go. Let me go." Merle yelled, Michonne, Maggie, and Johnathan all letting go slowly, making sure he wasn't going to attack Glenn again.

The group stood in the cellblock, Johnathan behind Beth with his arms around her shoulder, the blonde girl leaning into his chest. "So, I met this governor. Sat with him for quite a while." Rick spoke, standing in front of the group.

"Just the two of you?" Merle asked.

Rick nodded. "Yeah."

Merle turned to Glenn. "Should've gone when we had the chance, bro."

"He wants the prison," Rick informed them. "He wants us gone. Dead. He wants us dead for what we did to Woodbury. We're going to war."

Johnathan nodded, he didn't want to kill anymore, but if it meant protecting the people he's grown to care about, he would.

AUTHORS NOTE !

the way johnathan is going to be a complete douche bag after the prison 😃

thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment