𝟬𝟰𝟮. conquer

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO !conquerseason five / episode sixteen

CHAPTER FORTY-TWO !
conquer
season five / episode sixteen

Johnathan had been roaming through the woods, killing walkers

Johnathan had been roaming through the woods, killing walkers. He was angry, and he didn't want to snap at anyone he cared about. So taking the anger out on walkers was the best thing he could come up with. Johnathan grunted as he fell on top of a walker, pulling his knife out of its skull as he stood up. He went towards what he thought was a walker but stopped when he saw Glenn. "Glenn?" He asked quietly.

"Shh. Follow me." Glenn told him before following after whatever it was he was following.

Johnathan saw Nicholas up ahead before he disappeared. Glenn and Johnathan slowed to a stop looking at dead walkers before a gunshot went off, Glenn falling back. Johnathan ducked into the trees, hoping that Glenn had gotten away or that he was ok.

He peeked his head out, watching as Nicholas ran in the direction that Glenn was before frantically looking around. Nicholas ran off, following what Johnathan assumed to be Glenn. Johnathan waited a moment before following after.

He watched Nicholas pull out his knife to stab a walker, but he ended up putting it back and shooting it in the head. A couple of seconds later Glenn jumped out, slamming Nicholas into a tree.

He watched them fight and struggle before Nicholas got off of Glenn, walkers falling on top of Glenn instead. Johnathan waited for Nicholas to be far enough away and Johnathan threw his knife, the knife embedding itself into one of the walker's skulls. He watched Glenn sigh in relief before he pulled it out, stabbing the other ones.

Johnathan moved forward, pushing the walkers off of Glenn and grabbing his knife before helping Glenn up. "C'mon, bud," Johnathan said quietly, patting Glenn's other shoulder.

It was nighttime by the time they found Nicholas, and like last time, Johnathan stayed hidden while Glenn punched Nicholas, Nicholas falling to the ground.

Glenn hovered over Nicholas before leaning down and punching him again. "Noah died because of you," Glenn told him, slamming him onto the ground. Johnathan just watched. Johnathan had been taking his anger out on other things, if this was how Glenn wanted to, he wasn't going to stop him. "And I tried to tell you how it is, how it has to be and you try to kill me?" Nicholas began sobbing as Glenn cocked his pistol and pointed it at his forehead.

"I was scared. I was scared." Nicholas told him in a hurry, his sobs making it hard to understand what he was saying. "I don't belong out here."

"Shut up," Glenn told him.

"I was scared," Nicholas repeated. "I was just scared."

"Shut up," Glenn told him once more.

"I don't--" Nicholas sobbed. "I don't belong--"

"Shut up!" Glenn yelled at Nicholas as he continued to sob and mutter things. "Shut up." Glenn pulled away from Nicholas, falling beside him as he began to cry.

Johnathan stepped out from the trees, pulling Glenn into a hug much like Glenn had done for him.

After a few minutes, Glenn pulled away from Johnathan, helping Nicholas up. Johnathan followed behind the two, keeping lookout for any walkers or people.

"Pete killed Deanna's husband at the meeting. Rick killed him in front of everyone." Beth told Johnathan as they got ready for bed. Johnathan pushed the blankets back, climbing into their bed, waiting for Beth who was trying to pick u their room a little.

"Maybe Deanna will finally realize that just because there are walls we aren't safe," Johnathan stated, watching Beth move back and forth. "Hey, come lay down, I'll clean up tomorrow."

Beth sighed before moving over to the bed, pulling the blankets over her legs and leaning back into Johnathan's chest.

The two had agreed to leave Noah's room alone for the time being, until they were both ready to pack up his stuff into a tub and put it up for safe keeping.

And maybe Beth was right. Maybe Alexandria would be good for all of them.

AUTHORS NOTE !

and this book is officially completed, currently pre writing some of the next book

thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐟𝐚𝐯𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐞✰𝐛𝐞𝐭𝐡 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝟏|✔️ 🎉