𝟬𝟮𝟭. she got to make her choice

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE !she got to make her choiceseason three / episode sixteen

she got to make her choice
season three / episode sixteen

Johnathan packed up his and Beth's things, trying to be as organized as he could per Beth's request

Johnathan packed up his and Beth's things, trying to be as organized as he could per Beth's request. Once he had gotten the three bags he carried them out to the yard, Beth taking them and placing them in the trunk. She shoved a jacket into his hands. "Put that on, so you don't get sick." Johnathan playfully rolled his eyes as he slid it over his shoulders. He moved forward, placing a kiss on her forehead, and pulled her into a tight hug. "I love you." She told him.

"I love you too, sweetheart." And then they were pulling away from each other, Beth going with Hershel, Carl, and Judith while Johnathan went with everyone else.

It was quiet for a while before there was an explosion, gunfire ringing out before there was more. It went silent again, distant yelling being the only noise heard. Johnathan held his rifle, waiting for the signal. There was an explosion before the alarms started going off, and Johnathan adjusted the bulletproof vest he was wearing before raising his rifle, firing at the people that poured out of the prison. He ducked down at the bullets fired toward him and Maggie, the two taking turns to shoot and reload. The people hurried to leave, the gunfire stopping before Maggie looked in between Johnathan and Glenn.

"We did it?" She asked, pulling the riot guard helmet off.

"We did it," Glenn confirmed. "Come on down."

Maggie and Johnathan turned, high-fiving as they walked into the prison to get off of the catwalk. The others that had stayed at the prison joined the three a moment later, Rick stopping and staring out into the field. "We did it. We drove them out." Rick spoke, Johnathan smiling in victory.

"We should go after them," Michonne told them, Johnathan looking over at her.

"We should finish it," Daryl added.

"It is finished," Maggie told them. "Didn't you see them hightail it out of here?"

"They could regroup." Michonne pointed out.