𝟬𝟮𝟮. detective dixon

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO !detective dixonseason four / episode one

detective dixon
season four / episode one

Johnathan walked along the fence, killing walkers with a crowbar

Johnathan walked along the fence, killing walkers with a crowbar. The more that piled up, the more that would come, and the other people on the fence weren't doing it fast enough for him. Johnathan grunted as he shoved the end of a crowbar into a walker's head, pulling it back. He wasn't even on fence duty, he was supposed to be getting ready for a run. He rolled his eyes at Tyreese and Karen as he passed, handing the crowbar off to someone else.

He made his way up to the prison, grabbing his gun from his cell before placing it in the back of the truck. Johnathan tensed up as arms wrapped around his torso from behind, relaxing once he looked down at the hands to see Beth's bracelets. He turned around, smiling down at the girl before she pulled him down into a kiss. "Were you just gonna leave without saying goodbye?" Beth asked him.

"I don't need to. I'll be back." Johnathan told her, placing a kiss on her forehead. Beth shook her head with a smile before walking away. Johnathan watched her walk away, a smile on his face before he climbed into the driver's seat of the truck.

"Army came in and put these fences up. Made it a place for the people to go." Daryl spoke, Johnathan slinging his rifle over his shoulder and grabbing his machete. "Last week when we spotted this place, there was a bunch of walkers behind this chain-link keeping people out like a bunch of guard dogs."

"So they all just left?" Bob asked.

"Give a listen," Sasha told him. Music played in the distance.

"You drew 'em out," Michonne stated.

"Put a boom box out there three days ago," Sasha told her.

"Hooked it up to two car batteries," Glenn added.

"All right, let's make a sweep," Daryl told them, moving through the cut-open fence. Johnathan followed behind his machete in his hand by his side. "Make sure it's safe. Grab what you can. We'll come back tomorrow with more people."

They made their way to the building, Daryl elbowing the window a few times. "Just give it a second," Daryl told a new kid. Johnathan wasn't sure what his name was.

The kid nodded before speaking up. "Okay, I think I got it."

"Got what?" Michonne questioned.

"Oh, I've been trying to guess what Daryl did before the turn." The kid moved, sitting on the edge of the window by Daryl.

"He's been trying to guess for, like, six weeks," Daryl informed.

Johnathan and Michonne shared a look of amusement. "Yeah, I'm pacing myself." The kid answered. "One shot a day."

"All right, shoot," Daryl told the kid.

"Well, the way you are at the prison, you being on the council, you're able to track, you're helping people, but you're still being kind of...uh, surly. Big swing here. Homicide cop." The kid guessed, Michonne and Johnathan shared a look before the two began laughing.

"Oh, that's--that's a good one," Johnathan told the kid, an amused smile on his face.

"What's so funny?" Daryl asked the two.

"Nothing," Michonne answered. "It makes perfect sense."

"Actually, the man's right," Daryl spoke, Johnathan biting the inside of his cheek to refrain from laughing again. "Undercover."

"Come on, really?" The guy asked.

"Yep." Daryl nodded. "I mean, I don't like to talk about it cause it was a lot of heavy shit, you know?"

"Dude, come on, really?" The guy asked again. Daryl just looked at him. "Okay. I'll just keep guessing, I guess."

"Yeah, you keep doing that," Daryl told him.

It was silent for a moment before walkers pushed themselves against the glass. "Come on, Detective Dixon." Johnathan joked, moving towards the door with Michonne and Daryl.

Once they had gotten the few walkers cleared, Sasha looked at them. "All right, we go in, stay in formation for the sweep. After that, you all know what you're supposed to look for. Any questions?"

Johnathan walked in first, grabbing a shopping cart once they had done the sweep. He kept his machete in hand, walking around the store and grabbing whatever had been needed. He heard a loud crash and glass shattering, causing him to still for a moment. He began walking around again, only for walkers to start falling through the roof.

"Well, shit," Johnathan muttered, bringing his machete down onto their heads. He heard screaming and the roof began collapsing, and he ran out of the store, dragging the cart with him. Johnathan stood there, watching as the group walked out. He looked around. "Where's the kid?"

"Walker got him," Glenn answered.

"I got what I could," Johnathan said, motioning to the cart.

Johnathan lay in his and Beth's bed, his head buried into his pillow as Beth wrote in a journal. He felt shuffling beside him before he felt a hand run through his hair.

He turned his head to look at Beth. He grabbed her wrist, pulling her hand down and placing a kiss on the palm of her hand.

"How did it go today?" Beth asked him, her voice soft to not wake the people around them.

"Um, it was ok. We lost Zack cause walkers started falling through the roof." Johnathan told her, watching as she stood up and changed the sign she had from thirty days to zero. Johnathan turned, holding the blanket up. Beth looked at him before crawling into bed, Johnathan wrapping his arms around her. He pulled her cardigan sleeve down a little, placing a few kisses on her shoulder.

AUTHORS NOTE !

johnathan being vulnerable is in the next few chapters 🧍‍♀️

thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment