𝟬𝟯𝟳. the distance

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN !the distance season five / episode eleven

the distance
season five / episode eleven

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN !the distance season five / episode eleven

"Hey," Maggie called from outside of the barn. Everyone glanced towards the door. Beth and Johnathan peeked down from the loft, looking towards the door. "Everyone...this is Aaron." Everyone grabbed weapons, aiming them at the man. Johnathan pulled his pistol, moving to lay on his stomach, the gun aimed at the man's head. "We met him outside. He's by himself. We took his weapons and we took his gear."

Aaron had his hands raised, Daryl patting him down before Aaron began speaking. "Hi." Judith began crying, Rick passing her over to Carl. "It's nice to meet you." Aaron moved forward but was stopped by the cocking of guns.

"You said he had a weapon?" Rick questioned, looking past Aaron and at Sasha and Maggie. Maggie moved forward, handing the pistol over to Rick. "There something you need?"

"He has a camp nearby," Sasha informed Rick. "He wants us to audition for membership."

"Audition?" Johnathan questioned. "This ain't no damn play."

"John." Beth chastised. Johnathan looked over at her, pecking her forehead before turning back to look at the scene below.

"I wish there was another word," Aaron told them, looking up at Johnathan and Beth before looking around at everyone else. "Audition makes it sound like we're some kind of dance troupe. That's only on Friday nights."

"You know what day it is?" Beth questioned with a childlike wonder that Johnathan found himself smiling at.

"Yes." Aaron nodded, turning to Sasha. "Um, and it's not a camp. It's a community. I think you all would make valuable additions. But it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home. I know. If I were you, I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into." Aaron turned to Sasha. "Sasha, can you hand Rick my pack?" Sasha moved toward Rick, pulling off a backpack and handing it to him. "Front pocket, there's an envelope. There's no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community."