𝟬𝟯𝟯. crossed

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE !crossedseason five / episode seven

crossed
season five / episode seven

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE !crossedseason five / episode seven

"At sundown, we fire a shot into the air. Get two of them out on patrol." Rick told the five who were standing in front of him. "Then once it's dark enough that the rooftop spotter won't see us, we go. We cut the locks on one of the stairways, take it to the fifth floor. I open the door, Daryl takes the guard out."

"How?" Tyreese asked, Johnathan rolled his eyes.

"He slits his throat," Johnathan told the man. "If he doesn't wanna do it, I will."

"This is all about us doing this quiet, keeping the upper hand," Rick told him. "They're not expecting us. From there, we fan out. Knives and silenced weapons. We need to be fast." Rick drew on the dirty floor, giving them a somewhat visual of the plan. "Tyreese, Sasha, take them. Daryl, you take care of whoever is in the kitchen. Johnathan and I got Dawn. If they're smart, the rest of them will give up. Then it'll be six on three. Seven on three once we get a weapon to Beth."

"Twelve on three," Noah spoke up. "The wards will help."

"That's best case. What's worst case?" Tyreese questioned. "All it takes is one of those cops going down the hall at the wrong time. Then it's not quiet. All hands on deck. We're talking about a lot of bullets flying around."

"Am I the only one being optimistic right now?" Johnathan questioned, looking around at the group. "I get to see my girlfriend for the first time in weeks. Come on, cheer up people."

"If that's what it takes," Sasha told her brother.

"It's not." Tyreese disagreed. "If we get a couple of her cops alive out here, we do an even trade. Theirs for ours. Everybody goes home."

"For once, I'm in a good mood," Johnathan spoke, looking at Tyreese. "We have a solid plan to get my girlfriend back, and you're shitting on the plan, which is really starting to piss me off." Daryl placed a hand on the boy's shoulder as Rick turned to Tyreese.

"Yeah, I get it," Rick told him. "And it might work. This will work."

"Nah, that'll work, too," Daryl told Rick, Johnathan turned to him with a glare, pulling his shoulder away from Daryl's grasp. "You say this Dawn, she's just trying to keep it together, right?" Daryl asked Noah.