𝟬𝟯𝟭. strangers

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE !strangersseason five / episode two

strangers
season five / episode two

Johnathan and the group walked down the road, Johnathan staying away from the blonde that was part of Abraham's little group

Johnathan and the group walked down the road, Johnathan staying away from the blonde that was part of Abraham's little group. A walker broke out of the treeline. "I got it," Michonne told them, reaching for her sword that was no longer there. So instead she grabbed the gun that was at her side, swinging it up and hitting the walker with it. She used the butt of the gun to bash its head in. Another one broke out of the treeline, Johnathan throwing his arm forward, his knife flying from his hand and embedding itself into the walker's skull.

They had continued walking until it was almost dark, and by the time they had made a fire the world around them was pitch black. Johnathan sat against a tree, clutching his knife in his hand. He was trying to prepare himself, in case they were to come across Beth and she was a walker.

When it was light out again the group made their way through the woods, all of them raising their weapons as someone came around a tree. They lowered them when they realized it was Daryl. "We surrender," Daryl told them, his hands raised before he walked over to Rick, Johnathan not being able to hear the conversation from his spot near the back of the group, beside Maggie.

After a moment Rick turned and whistled, gaining the group's attention. "Keep close." He told them.

Johnathan ignored the side conversations, choosing to keep to himself. He had heard the whispers about going to Washington for a cure, and if Rick decided to join Abraham in going, Johnathan wouldn't be going with them. He had to stay back in case Beth was still alive. A man was yelling for help in the distance, Johnathan looking up from the ground. Rick raised his hand, signaling the group to stop. "Dad, come on," Carl told him. "Come on!" He repeated. "Come on." Rick sighed before moving through the woods, the group following him.

They came across a priest on a rock, a couple of walkers reaching for him. Johnathan threw his knife, one of the walkers falling. The walkers were killed in a minute or two, Johnathan walking forward and snatching his knife from the walker's skull. Johnathan looked up at the priest who was shaking in fear.