𝟬𝟬𝟴. downfall of the farm

CHAPTER EIGHT !downfall of the farmseason two / episodes 12 & 13

CHAPTER EIGHT !
downfall of the farm
season two / episodes 12 & 13

CHAPTER EIGHT !downfall of the farmseason two / episodes 12 & 13

"Dale could-- could get under your skin. He sure got under mine, because he wasn't afraid to say exactly what he thought, how he felt. That kind of honesty is rare and brave. Whenever I'd make a decision, I'd look at Dale. He'd be looking back at me with that look he had. We've all seen it one time or another. I couldn't always read him, but he could read us. He saw people for who they were. He knew things about us-- the truth, who we really are. In the end, he was talking about losing our humanity. He said this group was broken. The best way to honor him is to unbreak it. Set aside our differences and pull together, stop feeling sorry for ourselves and take control of our lives, our safety...our future. We're not broken. We're gonna prove him wrong. From now on we're gonna do it his way. That is how we honor Dale." Rick told the group as they stood around Dale's grave.

One by one everyone began walking away, but Johnathan just stood there. There was no other way, right? And Dale was with his wife and grandkids now. Johnathan kept trying to tell himself that it would be okay and that he had no other choice, but he was flooded with guilt. He felt a pair of arms wrap around his torso and turned his head slightly to see Beth.

"Gonna be tight, fourteen people in one house," Rick told Hershel.

"Don't worry about that," Hershel told him, glancing at Johnathan who was beside Beth, her hand in his. "With the swamp hardening, the creek drying up..."

"With fifty head of cattle on the property, we might as well be ringing a damn dinner bell." Maggie cut in.

"She's right. We should've moved you in a while ago." Hershel agreed with his eldest daughter.

"All right, let's move the vehicles near each of the doors facing out toward the road. We'll build a lookout in the windmill, another in the barn loft. That should give us sightlines on both sides of the property. T-dog, you take the perimeter around the house. Keep track of everyone coming and going." Rick began ordering people around and telling them the plan.