𝟬𝟰𝟬. spend

CHAPTER FORTY !spendseason five / episode fourteen

CHAPTER FORTY !
spend
season five / episode fourteen

"That's it there?" Tara asked as they stood outside of the van and loaded their guns

"That's the warehouse," Aiden confirmed, motioning to a door. "Looks like that door is our fastest way in and out."

"We should know all the exits first," Glenn told him. "So there's a plan if things go south."

"Already got one," Nicholas informed. "It's called going out the front."

"What if the front gets swarmed?" Johnathan questioned. "Then you don't know where another exit is and you die."

"Relax kid," Nicholas told him. "We know what we're doing."

"Johnathan heads up." Tara nodded towards the walker moving their way.

"Got it," Johnathan said, throwing his knife, the knife embedded itself into the walker's skull.

"Neat trick." Aiden complimented as Johnathan moved forward and grabbed his knife, wiping the blood off of it and onto the walker's shirt. Aiden handed him a rifle once he walked back to the van. "Glenn and Johnathan are right, we should do a perimeter check. Know our exits just in case."

Everyone grabbed their packs, splitting off into groups of four. Johnathan, Glenn, Noah, and Nicholas in one. And Addison, Aiden, Eugene, and Tara in the other.

Glenn pulled the door open, smacking on the metal. Aiden moved to walk inside but Glenn held up a hand, stopping him. "Give it another second. It's a big place. There could be some inside."

"So let's say they are. Let's move. Let's be safe." Aiden told Glenn.

"All right." Glenn nodded, pulling out his pistol. They all moved in, quietly beginning to sweep through the aisles. Glenn was the one giving them orders, and Johnathan was glad he didn't have to listen to Aiden.

They came across a fenced-in area, full of walkers. "Well, shit," Johnathan said quietly.

"You know your stuff," Aiden commented.

"We were out there a long time," Tara told him.

"There could be more," Glenn told them.

"Let's get to work," Aiden spoke.

Tara shined her flashlight on Eugene. "You're up."

Johnathan was stuck with Aiden. He turned around to face a walker that had gear similar to the dead riot guards at the prison. Aiden fired at it. "Stop," Johnathan told him, Aiden looking at him as if he were crazy. "You could hit the grenade and then it would suck for all of us. You have to let it get closer, push the mask up and then stab it in the head."

"I got it," Aiden told him, Johnathan beginning to slowly back away as Aiden shot it in the leg, and continued to shoot at it.

"Aiden! Stop!" Glenn whisper yelled, but it was too late. Aiden had already hit the grenade, an explosion going off. Johnathan felt himself fly back, his back and head slamming into the wall.

Everything felt fuzzy, and everything was blurry. He could see the outline of someone crouching down in front of him. "John. Johnathan." Johnathan blinked a few times, seeing Noah. "I need you to get up, okay?" Johnathan nodded, Noah helping to pull him up. "Come on man, Beth will be pissed if I come back without you."

"O-ok," Johnathan said, leaning against the wall. His vision was less blurry, but his back was killing him. He was slightly dizzy as he stood.

"Come on, man," Noah repeated, pulling him away.

Johnathan, Glenn, and Noah ran, and they ended up stuck in a revolving glass door, with Nicholas and Addison on the other side. Glenn and Nicholas yelled back and forth before music began blasting, leading the walkers away from the outside of the revolving door. Noah and Nicholas held the door steady while Glenn tried to break the glass, but Nicholas freaked out, beginning to push his way out of the door. The walkers began to pull Noah away as Nicholas ran. Johnathan held onto Noah as tight as he could, trying to pull him back while Glenn pushed against the door to close it. Addison shoved through the door this time, and it caused the door to open wide enough for the walkers to pull both Noah and Johnathan forward, but Noah let go of Johnathan, Johnathan falling back against Glenn.

"Noah! Noah!" Johnathan yelled, trying to shove through the door to get to him.

Noah was pressed against the glass, Glenn holding Johnathan back as they both watched their friend get eaten. Johnathan's heartbeat picked up, and he grabbed his chest as he tried to catch his breath. And after a minute Johnathan stood, seeing nothing but red. He and Glenn got themselves out of the revolving door, Glenn pulling Nicholas from the van, while Johnathan tackled Addison to the ground. Nicholas might've been the reason that the Walkers had grabbed a hold of Noah, but Addison was the reason that he had been pulled out of the door.

"Stop. Please." Addison begged, and she sighed in relief as Johnathan got off of her, but the relief was gone once he pulled her up by her shirt, dragging her towards the door. "Johnathan! Please!"

"You should've stayed in the door," Johnathan told her, shoving her to the ground and pushing the door as hard as he could, blood began pouring from her head, and he did it a few more times until she was dead before he walked back to the van, climbing into the passenger seat.

"What did you do?" Eugene asked him from the back.

"Don't worry about it," Johnathan told him. "As far as anyone needs to know, walkers got her."

His eyes caught the book that Noah had been writing in on the way to the warehouse. And that sent Johnathan over the edge and he began sobbing quietly, turning his head to look out of the window, hoping no one else in the van would see him.

AUTHORS NOTE !

and finally addisons dead, i hated her

and only two more chapters until this book is finished

thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment