𝟬𝟯𝟵. forget

CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE !forgetseason five / episode thirteen

forget
season five / episode thirteen

Johnathan and Beth had settled into their own house, with Noah staying in the spare bedroom

Johnathan and Beth had settled into their own house, with Noah staying in the spare bedroom. And surprisingly Johnathan had even let Jessie get close enough to him to trim his hair a little. Johnathan had snuck a pistol to keep in the bedside drawer. He broke into the armory in the middle of the night, no one had even noticed. Not even Beth. It was in a hollowed-out book.

Deanna was hosting a welcome party for them, so Beth was buttoning the buttons to the baby blue button-up he was forced to wear. Johnathan could never button the buttons correctly, he had always done it crooked. Once she was done Beth turned, Johnathan reaching forward and zipping the black dress she wore. "Wow," Johnathan commented once she had turned around. "You look beautiful."

"You look handsome." She told him, reaching forward and fixing his hair.

"Yeah. But I hate this." Johnathan admitted, opening the door for her as they stepped out onto their porch. "Dressing up to go to some bullshit party."

"I know. But this place could be good for us. Maybe we would be safe enough to have a family one day." Beth told him, lightly swinging their arms back and forth as they walked towards Deanna's house.

"I've never thought about having a family," Johnathan told her. "Too scared I'll be like my dad."

Beth looked at him with a frown. "I don't know much about your dad, besides the little bit you've told me. But I know you're nothing like him."

Johnathan kissed her temple before they walked up the porch stairs of Deanna's house, Johnathan opening the door and allowing Beth to walk inside first.

They had found Noah by himself and Johnathan was the one to walk over. "You okay?" Johnathan asked, Noah looking at the couple.

"Yeah." Noah nodded. "Just not my scene."

"It's not my scene either," Johnathan told him truthfully. "But you're family, so come have fun." Johnathan threw an arm around Noah's shoulder, leading him towards the table with drinks.

Johnathan had Judith on his hip, bouncing back and forth slightly which seemed to be entertaining the baby. He had a beer in his other hand, using Judith as an excuse to stand by himself. A woman came up to him. "She's beautiful. Is she yours?" The woman asked.

Johnathan plastered on a fake smile, faking it for the night like Beth had told him to. "No, ma'am. She's my cousin." Johnathan told her.

"I'm making dinner for all of the new arrivals. What's your favorite food?" She asked, glancing between the baby in his right hand and the beer in his left in slight worry.

"Um, I'm not really sure, sorry." Johnathan smiled, moving to walk away.

"Oh, come on, you have to know you're favorite food." The woman told him.

Johnathan shook his head. "No offense, ma'am. But I think you're worried about the wrong things." Johnathan walked away, finding Rick talking to Jessie. "Sorry to interrupt, but people keep asking me if she's mine, and giving me judgy looks for drinking one beer while holding a baby so." Johnathan handed Judith over to Rick who laughed lightly.

"Underage drinking? Do I need to arrest you?" Rick joked, Johnathan shaking his head with a small smile before patting Rick on the shoulder and walking away.

Beth had her arms around Johnathan, attempting to keep him upright as she led him up the stairs. After he had given Judith back to Rick, he had drunk a lot more than one beer. Beth pushed open their bedroom door, Johnathan collapsing onto the bed. "I left you alone for thirty minutes, John. What the hell were you thinking?" Beth asked softly, pulling his shoes off and sitting them neatly at the foot of the bed.

"I'm--I'm sorry...I just--I just...needed a break." Johnathan told her, watching as she slid out of the dress she was in, putting it into the dirty clothes basket in the corner of their room. He rested his head on his hands, his eyes following her as she slid her bra off and slid a baggie t-shirt over her head, moving to sit on her side of the bed.

"Go to sleep, John," Beth told him softly, running a hand through his hair.

Johnathan moved to wrap an arm around her waist. Beth had thought he went to sleep but a moment later he was speaking. "Thank you."

"For what?" Beth asked, running her hand through his hair.

"For...taking care of me," Johnathan told her, burying his face into her side as he fell asleep.

AUTHORS NOTE !

daryl fic with bill skarsgard as the fc??

thank you for reading and don't forget to vote and comment