𝟬𝟯𝟲. them

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX !themseason five / episode ten

them
season five / episode ten

Johnathan stood with Rick, Glenn, and Michonne, the cluster of walkers following them growing closer

Johnathan stood with Rick, Glenn, and Michonne, the cluster of walkers following them growing closer. They had stopped, planning to push them off of the small bridge that they were on. They backed up, taking turns in shoving them down so they used less energy. It's not like they had a lot to waste anyways. The plan was going fine until Sasha killed a walker, Johnathan rolling his eyes as he grabbed his knife. He understood that she was grieving, but straying from a plan when they had little to no energy could get them all killed.

Johnathan's back hit the concrete as a walker fell on top of him, and he used the small amount of energy he had to stab it in the head. He stood, helping the group to kill the walkers. "I get you're grieving but get yourself under control. Shit like that will get us all killed!" Johnathan told Sasha, who took a step forward as she stared at him. Sasha shook her head before walking away.

The group had begun walking again, Carl's voice pulling them to a stop. "Dad, look." Over the small hill in the road were a few cars.

"I'm gonna go through the woods, circle back," Daryl told them.

"May I come with?" Carol asked.

"No," Daryl answered. "No, just me."

The group moved toward the cars, searching through them. But they hadn't found much of anything. So they all sat down on the side of the road. Thunder rumbled, indicating it was going to rain soon. Beth sat in between Johnathan and Noah, Johnathan dragging his knife through the dirt, writing the three's first initials, 'JBN'.

The sound of twigs snapping filled the air, Johnathan looked up to see Daryl break from the tree line, walking over to join the group. Johnathan watched as Abraham pulled a bottle out of his bag, unscrewing the cap. "So all we found was booze?" Tara asked.

"Yeah," Rosita answered.

Tara sighed. "It's not gonna help."

"He knows that," Rosita told her.