𝟬𝟬𝟵. the prison

CHAPTER NINE !the prisonseason three / episode one

CHAPTER NINE !
the prison
season three / episode one

Rick busted through the door of an abandoned house, shooting one of the walkers in the head while Johnathan kicked the other one to the ground and stabbed it in the head

Rick busted through the door of an abandoned house, shooting one of the walkers in the head while Johnathan kicked the other one to the ground and stabbed it in the head. Behind him were T-dog, Daryl, and Carl. Johnathan moved upstairs while everyone else cleared downstairs, he pushed open a door to one of the bedrooms, a walker barreling into him from the side. Johnathan smiled as he got a fight, kicking the walker off before grabbing the back of its head and smacking its face into the wall before stabbing it in the head and shoving it down the stairs. Daryl and T-dog who were coming up the stairs looked at him like he was crazy, but in the months they had been on the road he had gotten a lot more reckless.

Johnathan searched through the room, and after finding nothing of use went downstairs where the group was in the living room, walking past Carl who was opening a can of dog food and sitting on the floor behind Beth, allowing the blonde girl to lean against him. Rick stepped over to his son, grabbing the can of dog food and throwing it at the wall causing Daryl to slightly flinch and Johnathan to jump. The action reminded him of his dad throwing beer cans or bottles at his head. It was quiet for a moment before T-dog got the group's attention. "Psst." He motioned to the windows, a small group of walkers moving towards the house.

Johnathan sighed, sliding his backpack on the rest of the way before grabbing his machete from Beth. He held out a hand for the girl and she grabbed onto him, Johnathan pulling her up but not letting go of her hand. When he realized he had to let go of her hand so she could grab their belongings one of his fingers found her belt loop. He might have been more reckless, but he also kept Beth close doing everything in his power to protect her. Beth threw their stuff in the trunk before climbing into the truck, Johnathan letting go of her belt loop to kill a walker before climbing into the truck beside Beth.

The group had driven off, stopping a good way down the road. The group had gotten out of the cars, Johnathan and Beth standing together while other members of the group tried to figure out where to go. Johnathan's hand had found Beth's belt loop, pulling the girl closer without even realizing it. Beth was holding a shovel while Johnathan held his machete, the string around his wrist. The two had grown closer over the winter...a lot closer.