𝟬𝟯𝟮. consumed

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO !consumedseason five / episode six

consumed
season five / episode six

"So it was just you and Beth after?" Carol asked, glancing over at Daryl as he drove the car down the road

"So it was just you and Beth after?" Carol asked, glancing over at Daryl as he drove the car down the road. Johnathan glanced up from his lap, listening in on the conversation.

"Yeah," Daryl answered with a nod.

"You save her?" Carol questioned, Johnathan glancing over to Daryl in curiosity.

"She's tough," Daryl answered. "She saved herself. We were out there for a while. We got cornered, she got out in front of me and...I don't know, she was gone." Johnathan looked through the windshield, watching as a walker walked straight into the car in front of them. "I came out and a car's pulling out with a white cross on the window."

"Just like that one?" Carol asked.

Daryl nodded. "Yep." Daryl ran over the walker's head as they followed the car. "Rick's gonna wonder where we went. Tank's running low."

"I don't care about Rick right now. He was talking about just up and leaving Beth. And I ain't going nowhere with that uppity blonde bitch from Abraham's little group." Johnathan spoke truthfully, crossing his arms as he leaned his head back.

"You're gonna get Beth back," Carol assured him, glancing at him before looking back at Daryl. "We can end this quick. Just run him off the road."

"Nah." Daryl disagreed. "We're good for a bit."

"Yeah, plus if he's going wherever Beth is, then we need to know where he's going," Johnathan spoke, resting his head on the window.

"If they're holding her somewhere, we can get it out of the driver," Carol argued, Johnathan closing his eyes.

"Yeah, but if he don't talk, we're back to square one," Daryl told her. "Johnathan has the right idea, just following him so we know where he is."

"Damn right I have a good idea," Johnathan commented.

Daryl glanced at him through the rearview mirror before continuing. "Right now we got the advantage. We'll see who they are. If they're a group, see what they can do. And then we'll do what we gotta do to get her back."