Chapter 18 - koi fish

- Third POV -

Zuko's ship sails through the water. Zuko is currently sitting inside of his bedroom, meditating. The glow of the four candles sitatued on a table steadily increases and decreases in time with the prince's relaxed inhalations and exhalations. Zuko's sitting peacefully with his eyes closed. Suddenly Iroh opens Zuko's bedroom door and peeks through while Zuko opens his eyes.

"The only reason you should be interrupting me, is if you have news about the Avatar or Mizuki" Says Zuko calmly.

"Well, there is news, Prince Zuko, but you might not like it. Don't get too upset" Answers Iroh while he pushes open the door open and enters the room, holding a rolled up scroll in his hands.

"Uncle, you taught me that keeping a level head is a sign of a great leader. Now, whatever you have to say, I'm sure I can take it" Replies Zuko who's still sitting in his meditative stance.

"Okay then. We have no idea where they are" Says Iroh who tugs on his small beard. The flames of the candles suddenly erupt in a fiery mass, brushing the ceiling.

"What!?" Shouts Zuko angrily. Zuko rises to his feet enraged, Iroh shields his face from the flames. He withdraws a fan from his robe and begins waving it to cool himself down.

"Give me the map!" Demands Zuko. He snatches the scroll from Iroh's hand, unrolls the map and starts scanning it.

"Well, there have been multiple sightings of the Avatar, but he is impossible to track down" Informs Iroh.

"How am I going to find him, Uncle? He is clearly a master of evasive maneuvering" Answers Zuko, who's desperate to find the avatar. But mostly, he wanted to see Mizuki again. The girl who helped him when he needed it the most.

❀❀❀

Sokka holds a map in his hands and questions Aang's navigational skills.

"You have no idea where you're going, do you?" He asks.

"Well...I know it's near water" Says Aang happily.

"I guess we're getting close then" Answers Sokka sarcastically. Katara's preoccupied with sewing a hole in Sokka's pants while Mizuki watches curiously. Mizuki had never learned how to sew so she was quite curious about it.

"Hey, Katara. Will you teach me how to sew?" Asks Mizuki, Katara nods and continues sewing. Mizuki happily smiles at her. Aang glances over at her from atop Appa's head. He concocts an idea to impress them.

"Momo, marbles please" Asks Aang. Momo dives into his shirt and hands over two small, grey marbles.

"Hey Katara, Mizuki, check out this airbending trick!" Says Aang while using airbending. He manages to spin the two marbles quickly along an equatorial plane as he grins happily. Katara and Mizuki take no notice and stay focused on sewing.

"That's great, Aang" Answers Katara who's still focused on her task.

"Mhm" Replies Mizuki who's still watching Katara sew.

"You guys didn't even look" Says Aang disappointed and stops performing the trick. Mizuki looks up at Aang.

"That's great!" Answers Mizuki who looks over Aang and attempts to show enthusiasm, Katara looks at him too and smiles.

"But I'm not doing it now" Complains Aang dismayed.

"Stop bugging her, airhead. You need to give girls space when they do their sewing" Scolds Sokka as he waves his arms breezily at Aang as if he's trying to shoo him away.