Chapter 20 - Suki

- Third POV -

Sokka walks towards a small house surrounded by trees.

"I can't believe I got beat up by a bunch of girls" Grunts Sokka angrily to himself. Inside the house, six Kyoshi Warriors are training. They are performing a routing with a fan in perfect unison. Sokka peeks his head around the door to look at them. He smiles smugly and enters.

"Sorry ladies, didn't mean to interrupt your dance lesson. I was just looking for somewhere to get a little workout?" Suki and the Kyoshi warriors stop their exercise and close their fans. They stare at Sokka with a serious look on their face. Sokka starts stretching.

"Well, you're in the right place. Sorry about yesterday. I didn't know that you were friends with the Avatar" Says Suki while she looks at Sokka who continues to warm up.

"It's all right. I mean, normally I'd hold a grudge, but seeing as you guys are a bunch of girls, I'll make an exception" Says Sokka mockingly while he stretches his arms.

"I should hope so. A big strong man like you? We wouldn't stand a chance" Answers Suki sarcastically.

"True. But don't feel bad. After all, I'm the best warrior in my village" Replies Sokka smugly.

"Wow! Best warrior, huh? In your whole village? Maybe you'd be kind enough to give us a little demonstration" Says Suki as she continues using sarcasm withouth Sokka catching on to it. She glances back to the other warriors and then looks back at Sokka

"Oh, well...I mean, I-" Sokka his eyes widen upon hearing the unexpected request.

"Come on, girls! Wouldn't you like him to show us some moves?" Says Suki as she turns around to face the other warriors. The other female warriors giggle and smile in agreement.

"Well, if that's what you want, I'd be happy to. All right, you stand over there. Now, this may be a little tough, but try to block me" Answers Sokka as he places his hand on Suki's shoulder in order to push her back a little, but she does not move a bit. While he is talking, Sokka takes on a fighting stance while Suki has not moved a muscle from the position Sokka has put her in. Sokka bends through his knees and attacks the female warrior by trying to punch her. Suki does not move, but easily defends herself by bringing up her left arm and thrusting her closed fan against Sokka's shoulder. Sokka staggers backward.

"Aw! Heh, Good. Of course, I was going easy on you" Says Sokka while he rubs his hurt shoulder, impressed.

"Of course" Answers Suki confidently. Sokka is clearly annoyed and angered by Suki's arrogant facial expression.

"Let's see if you can, handle this!" Sokka starts with a mumble, raising his tone of voice with each word. He shouts as he attempts to hit Suki with a roundhouse kick. Suki quickly dodges under Sokka's outstretched leg and pushes him off balance. When the Water Tribe warrior lands flat on his back with a loud thud, Suki lazily opens her fans to wave herself some air. Sokka, a little shocked by his second failure, loses his temper at the sight of Suki's defiant posture.

"That does it!" Sokka's voice cracks out of anger. He gets up and madly charges her again. Suki quickly closes her fan and moves out of Sokka's way. She grabs him by the arm with her right hand, while she pushes against his shoulder with her left hand, quickly spinning him around. After two turns, she switches position and spins Sokka in the other direction. Sokka has a distressed look on his face as he is powerlessly being tossed around. Suki suddenly halts so Sokka topples forward. Before falling down, Suki loosens Sokka's belt and ties his left hand to his right food behind his back in a swift momevent. Sokka tries to mantain his balance for a while by jumping on one leg, but he loses his balance and smacks down flat on his face.