5: Home

"So you just stayed with this random family in Malibu," Scarlett says in disbelief after I explained everything to her. "Pretty much." "You're lucky you aren't Dead Lizzie. You don't stay at a random family home. They could have been crazy or serial killers." "You're being a tad dramatic. They're sweet people." "Sweet doesn't mean sane." I rolled my eyes. "I had a lot on, my judgement was clouded briefly but I'm glad I stayed." "You are?" "Anna's friend is sorting the house out." "That's rightfully yours anyway. He moved into it." "Yes but his name is on the paperwork so it's technically our house. But Cathrine has sorted it." I assure her. Scarlett was annoyed at Robbie and me slightly. She told me not to let Robbie be put on my house deeds. And I stayed at a stranger's home. And Robbie hurt me and she's pissed. 

I went to New York to see her, I needed comfort from a familiar person, plus the Hastings had been so kind to me I didn't want to put them out any longer. I had stayed there a week. Now I'm staying with Scarlett until my house is sorted out and I can actually go home and the restraining order is put in place. Somehow this has stayed out of the media and I was so happy about it. My team think it's best if I still wear my engagement ring for now because it will reduce the attention on us. I was happy to do that but I was also repulsed by it on my finger. It didn't signify a promise of love and a future anymore, it just reminded me of what could have been.

"Lizzie?" "Yeah?" "Lost you there for a second." "Sorry, what did you say?" "How are you holding up?" "Oh, I'm okay... A little... Lost I guess?" She nodded. "I thought I was starting the rest of my life. I thought it was all okay. But it's not and my life is a mess and my sisters don't understand and my ex is holding my garden hostage from me and I can't go home until it's finalised and I have nothing but a stranger's clothes with me." "You're spiralling." She cut me off. "What was that about a stranger's clothes?" "Well, I didn't feel like I could face going home so Nell borrowed me some of her things because I had nothing. Like nothing but a fluffy pullover and gym shorts." "Oh, Lizzie." She hugged me. "My life is a mess Scar." I cried onto my friend's shoulder she held me and rubbed my back soothing me. "It's not a mess Lizzie." "My engagement is over. My relationship is over. My family don't know I'm here. I have a bag full of strangers' clothes. The media is going to find out eventually and it's going to be a big thing and my life is a mess. It's a big pile of shit on the floor." "It'll work out eventually. You just need time to get back on your feet." 

--------

I'm back in LA in my home. I check on my garden first not being able to bear going anywhere else in the house just yet. I picked the dead leaves off of first and then the bugs and then I watered it all, it wasn't too bad considering I had been gone for three weeks. I admired my garden for a while inspecting every aspect of it. It was my safe place and it was held hostage from me so I deserved to spend a little time just being still in the environment. 

Eventually, I knew I had to go inside so I did and I stood. I loved my house but now I hate it. I hate every single part of it. It was all tainted with our arguments. I sighed. At least he cleaned up before he left. I went into the utility room and loaded it up with Nell's clothes that I have been borrowing for 3 weeks. It was really kind of her to loan them to me. Her jeans didn't fit but everything else did, I mostly have been wearing her shorts and gym leggings. 

I went upstairs to my room, she had made the bed. He did care he just got wrapped up in whatever it was and it made her react to me that way. Maybe I did something. Scarlett told me to stop thinking like that but I can't help it when I come back to a clean house a semi tamed garden and he did say he was sorry, given that was before he broke the door of the coffee shop. 

I've been out of LA for two weeks and I haven't spoken to the Hasting family since partly because Nell is so secretive and didn't give me her number, she'd just tease me when I asked saying something like: "I don't need you stalking me" Or "I thought I was meant to ask the celebrity for her number, not the other way around." I don't think she actually wanted to be friends despite being really nice to me. I don't think she wanted this to continue, she helped, her conscience was clean because she got me out and she listened to me.