18: The Hangover

"I'm never drinking again," Scarlett says as she climbed onto my bed looking pale. "Didn't you say that after we went out in Feb?" I asked her. "And your point?" We chuckled but it hurt our heads so quickly stopped. I was going over the events of last night in my head. The dancing and drinking and singing. The laughing and talking. Meeting Raffie and Tom. Both of them are super nice and I think Raffie and I could be good friends if we stay in contact. She was really fun to be around. And then meeting RDJ's best birthday present ever. We spoke for a while when I had sobered up some. I was blushing the whole time but he never pointed it out. He's just like I thought he would be. Susan his wife was super sweet to me too. She complimented me and she said she had seen some of my work before. Which was mind-blowing to me. I didn't think people like them knew who I was. I was just a local photographer. 

And then my mind drifted to the end of the night. Dancing with Lizzie, kissing Lizzie. and Lizzie leaving. I thought she liked me but apparently not. She said she was confused but what is there to be confused about. She hadn't let me admit to it before now, and when I finally get the chance to she walks away. "What are you thinking about?" "The party," I say simply. "Did you have fun?" "I did thank you. It was really special." "Anything for my bestie." "I saw you with Colin," I say wriggling my eyebrows at her as we lay facing each other now. "Shut up." She pushed a pillow in my face. "Mean," I say taking it away from her and putting it under my head sitting myself up a little. "Thanks for letting me invite him." "You threw the party." "For you." "I knew like 4 people there." "Okay so, you have to make friends, Eleanor." "I have friends Scarlett." "How were things with Becca?" She asked me. "It was okay, she didn't stay for long but it was okay I guess. It was weird." She nodded. 

"What do you want to do for the rest of the day?" She asked me. "Lay here and have Hunter bring us food, water and Advil." "I second that." We chuckled a little before sitting up slowly. "Morning girls!" "Too loud." I covered my ears as Scar scolded her brother. "I have Advil." I reach for him and he hands me the pills and water. I take them quickly and lay back down again. "That bad huh?" "I did 22 shots with MK at like 2 in the morning." "Woah." "Yeah." I rolled onto my back. 

"Food?" "Bacon." "Burgers." "Pasta" "Chicken." "Toast." "Eggs." "Everything." Scarlett and I concluded. "So pancakes?" "Yeah." "With Bacon." She added. "Got it." "Thank you." "Anything for the birthday girl." I shot him a cheesy smile and he sent one back. "I like your brother." "He likes you too." "Movie day?" "When do we have to be out? We've got to clean?" "Tomorrow afternoon." "I have work tomorrow morning. So I'll clean tonight." "You're leaving me." "Scarlett I have a big girl job that requires me to work most days." "Well your big girl job sucks. You're barely an adult," she whined. "Life sucks."

--------

We spent the day in bed eating junk food and watching films, the three of us drifted in and out of sleep periodically until it was time to clean. Hunter literally dragged Scar out of the bed and then we all cleaned the downstairs. I showered quickly before leaving in some of Scar's clothes she brought with her and my new dress. I got on the subway and nearly fell asleep but I made it to my apartment building intact. 

"Lizzie?" I frowned when I see her sitting outside of my door. "Hi." "How long have you been here?" I asked rushing to get my key out. "Like 2 hours. You didn't answer your phone." "It's dead. We forgot to bring chargers to the rental." I explained as I helped her up and unlocked the door. "Oh." I invited her in and she followed me through. I locked the door back before dumping my things on the hook by the door. 

I avoided eyecontact with Lizzie completely embarrassed by last night. I kissed her and she left and it hurt. I told her how I felt and she left. Like people do. You tell them things and they leave that's why I don't tell people things. That's why I keep to myself that way people don't just know things about you and walk around like strangers. "No offence but what are you doing here?" I asked her, going into my bedroom to find a hoodie. "Um, I wanted to talk about last night." "We should just forget about it," I tell her. Clearly, she got over her feelings for me and I missed out. "But I don't want to do that. I want to talk about it." "Why? What's the point? You'll just leave anyway." I turned to face her. "I'm not leaving." "I told you I liked you and you walked away from me." "I was confused." "Confused about what." "Where the hell it all came from." "You never give me the chance to tell you." "You kissed Raffie the same night." "I kissed Raffie because some creep was trying to dance with me and we told him we were dating." "Didn't stop him though did it." "Are you blaming me for it?" "No." "Well, it sounds like it!"