23: Halloween

"I miss you." She pouts at the camera. "Your back in the city soon." "It's been too long." She whined. "We have to work." "Being an adult sucks." "If we weren't adults we wouldn't be together." I point out. "Fair point but I miss you." I chuckle. "Two more days and you'll be here and I'm not working and we can spend all the time you want together." I point out to her wanting her to stop pouting. 

It's the end of October now and Lizzie is due back any day now. "How do I know you're even going to be in the city yourself." Currently, I was in Paris with the Rokh they wanted their new line campaigns started. "I'll be back, my flights tomorrow." "Your stay in Paris has been extended three times already." "And it won't get extended again. I'll be in the city waiting for you." Her worries weren't too extreme this company seems to like me and my work and keep asking me to do more work for them. I'd be stupid to turn it down. Especially when they're participating in Paris fashion week this upcoming year and they're looking for backstage photographers. It's a dream to be at fashion week. "I'll be home," I assured her when I noticed the worry in her eyes. "Are you coming to the Halloween party with me?" "Who's?" "Brie's." "I haven't met her so no." "Nell." She whined, "I don't do parties." "You love parties." "With people I know." "Tom will be there and Flo and, Scar and Flo's sister." "I can't just turn up at someone's party Lizzie it's rude." "You're my plus one." "I'm not getting out of this am I?" "Nope." 

"What is your costume?" "Not got one yet. I'll probably find something in my closet." "Can I pick?" "No," I say bluntly. "Please I have good ideas." "Fine, what?" "Black widow." "No." "Why?" "Because Scarlett is black widow and her body is." I cut myself off seeing her face. "I will go as anything you want my love." "Correct answer." "Nothing too sexy okay." "Modest, but cute." "What are you going as?" "Juliet." "Who?" "Shakespeare." "Oh, cute. Can I do your hair? I'm good." I praise myself and she nodded. "So permission to sort your costume out?" "Permission granted." She cheered and I rolled my eyes it was far too early for her excitement. I was getting ready for work and she was just getting ready for bed. "Can I approve before you get anything though?" "Yes. I won't force you to wear something you don't want to wear." "Good because I'd have to leave you to attend the party alone." "No." "Exactly." 

"Show me the tower again." "Two seconds, Princess," I say finishing up my make-up before standing with my phone and going over to the window and showing her the view. "It's beautiful. "It's prettier at night time, it lights up, reminds me of home actually." "Send pictures tonight?" "Okay." I agreed easily. She's normally working when I'm going to bed so a picture will be easier for her to see as I'm 9 hours ahead. 

"I don't want to but I have to go." "Okay." She pouted again. "Two days." "Two days." 

-----------

"Where is she? Where is she? Where is she?" I chuckle at Lizzie's excitement as she came into MK's house. I was in the kitchen making myself a coffee, I had to move my flight and I literally landed an hour before her plane did so I've not slept after doing a night shoot in Paris. 

"Incoming!" Ashley called. I put my coffee on the counter and prepared for the body being thrown at me. "Hey." I chuckled as she wrapped her legs around my waist forcing me to hold her up. "Hi." She said sheepishly. "Missed me?" She nodded blushing. "I'm annoying." She looked away from me. "Nope, I missed you too baby." I pecked her cheek. "I'm too attached." She got down. "We've been apart for 6 weeks." I remind her. "I missed you, I'm staying here tonight with you." "Yeah?" She smiled again. "Yeah." I picked my coffee up and sipped it leaning back against the counter. "Share?" I held it out to her and she sipped the coffee before handing it back. "Have you eaten?" I asked her and she shakes her head. "We've ordered Thai food." She pouted. "Your flight got in earlier than we thought in our defence." I knew she didn't like Thai food. "Not my fault." "Pizza? Burger?" "Pizza." "I'll be back." "Where are you going?" "Our food is nearly here so I'll just go pick you a pizza up from the corner." "No. Don't leave me." "I have to feed you. It's in the handbook." "I just saw you." "I'll be 10 minutes." "No." "Lizzie you gotta eat bubs." "Kiss me first." I chuckled and put my coffee back down and kissed her softly and turned her so I was close to the door and backed away. "10 minutes, Princess." I left quickly.