86: Aunty Scarlett

"Aunty Nell! Aunty Lizzie! Aunty Nell! Aunty Lizzie!" I smile to myself hearing Rosie shout for us and her little hands and feet banging on the stairs as she climbs up. Kailani was just getting dressed with Nell's help of course so I went out into the hall and stood at the top of the stairs waiting for her. I see Scarlett first and she smiled brightly at me, it was still pretty early in the morning and we decided we were going to spend our day together, Kailani can't leave the house for a few more weeks so we had set up a fun day for Rose here so she is entertained and I and Nell can socialise with someone who isn't part of our family or each other.  

We love each other's company but it's been 2 weeks and we've only seen family and for like an hour or two a day other than that it's just been the two of us and with us, both staying home there's not much left to talk about. I mean a lot of our day is spent just gazing at Kailani and trying to process the fact that she's really here and she's ours. We gush about her and admire her and talk about her and then that's pretty much our days. One of us will cook the other will clean up after. 

Rose's little face comes into view as she reaches the landing she jumps around excitedly doing her little happy dance before I walked down to meet her and scooped her up covering her with kisses all over whilst I carried her the rest of the way. She squirmed and giggled in my arms. "Rosie, be careful you still have to be careful around Aunty Lizzie," Scarlett warns softly I stop encouraging her by kissing her and she locks her legs around my waist. "Look how big you've gotten," I say she was turning 4 in a few days, the same day as Nell's birthday. "I'm almost 4." She showed me 4 fingers. "No way!" "Yeah! I am. Aren't I mummy." She looked over her shoulder at her mum who was nodding. "Told ya." She says looking back at me. 

Kailani moaned a little and Rose's head snapped in the direction of the nursery. "Rosie," Scarlett said taking her from me to talk to her seriously. "Do you remember when Aunty Lizzie had a baby growing inside of her tummy?" "It looked like an alien." I chuckled, I mean she wasn't wrong the scans didn't do K justice she's the most perfect thing to ever enter this world. "Yes, well now the baby is here." She frowned looking back at me. "You pooped her out already?" We both chuckled I could hear Nell chuckling to herself behind the nursery door too. "Something like that," I say amused. "So the baby is here now and we need to be nice and calm and gentle." She nodded. "And we have to be a little quieter because she has tiny little ears," Scarlett said touching one of Rose's ears. "But what if she can't hear us if she has tiny little ears?" She asked innocently. "Her ears are more sensitive so we need to be quiet." She nodded.  "You think you can do that?" "Yeah, mummy. I want to see the baby." "Nell?" I pushed the door open and Nell was tidying up, K was laid on her chest she was holding her secure with one hand and her free hand was doing the tidying. 

"Still cleaning even with a newborn." "She's almost two months now." I defended Nell. She has been cleaning a lot even if I tidy she'll go over it like I've not done it properly, especially her bottles and anywhere K will be laying will get cleaned again. I've grown used to it, it's just how she is she was always going around cleaning before the baby I guess having her in the hospital just made her paranoid that she'll get sick and be back there. I understand, I make everyone wash their hands and use hand sanitiser before picking her up. We all have our quirks. 

Rose was pouting at Nell, it was no secret that Nell would give Rose her full attention no matter who was in the room and right now Nell was looking at K and not her as she spoke. "Hey, Rosie. How are you?" She didn't reply narrowing her eyes at the baby. "Rosie?" She asked looking over. "Are you okay?" She lifted her arms up to Nell. Nell crouched down instead, showing her Kailani. "This is your cousin." She pulled a face and I was worried she was going to hate her and us forevermore now as the jealousy fills her eyes. Nell looked at Rose putting an arm around her waist and bringing her a little closer to look at K. "Can we go play on the dance machine?" She says uninterested in the baby. Nell stands up and hands me Kailani, Scarlett shuffles to me and takes her first in-person peek at her niece.