76: Dresses

"Oh come on you can't still be being moody with me it was a joke." I hear MK say before Nell and she entered the kitchen I looked at Scar and she shrugged not knowing what was going on. Nell has been stressed. More so than I've ever seen her before, she's a very relaxed person often too relaxed for my liking almost like she just doesn't care. But she's taken a lot of the wedding stuff in so I don't get overwhelmed but now she's getting overwhelmed and we need to find a healthy balance where neither of us is overwhelmed. And MK has really been on a mission to annoy Nell. We got ready for dinner last night and Nelly was being sweet taking photos of Scar and me and MK pushed her into the pool fully clothed with her camera that's now broken.  

"You need to tell her to leave me alone." She says coming over to me I wrapped my arms around her protectively.  She rested her head on my shoulder briefly when I started to speak she sat up again. "Mary-Kate quit it," I tell her sharply knowing Nell is in no mood just by the look on her face. "She's being moody," MK says like a child. "What did you do this time?" Ashley asked amused. "Died the fur on her Gucci loafers." "I got her those!" I say now annoyed too. "That's not funny," I say when she begins to chuckle and smirk. "I'm gonna go see mum at work." She sighed walking away only to reach the entrance of the kitchen before MK started to talk. "Oh come on Nell."  She spun to face her and I could see her eyes change in an instant she was beyond pissed. "No, you've pissed me off." She says firmly. Scarlett and I made eyecontact before looking back at the two. They never argue or annoy each other to the point where it's serious. "What has been your problem for the past two days you've done nothing but be a bitch to Lizzie and annoy me. What is wrong?" Mary-Kate looked shocked that Nell just flatly said that but it was very on-brand for her she doesn't care who she is in terms of her status. "Nothing." MK managed out still stunned that Nell snapped the way she did. "Then quit being an ass to her." She says gesturing to me. Nell does eventually go on a walk with Scarlett they haven't spent much time together since they got here because my sister has been being an ass.

"What is your problem?" Ashley asked MK when the girls left for their walk. "Nothing." Ash raised an eyebrow at her and scoffed. "What?" "You're an ass, yes but you're not a child. You've been acting like a child for the past two days." She pointed out, that I stayed quiet listening and observing. When the twins call each other out it's best to stay out of it.  "I'm not being a child?" "You've been acting like one. Throwing things at Liz, waking people up in the middle of the night, dying people's clothes... Really Mary-Kate?" "I'm having a bit of fun with my friend." "You broke her camera." She pointed out. "She can get a new one." "It's not the point. She's told you, you're annoying her. She's made it pretty clear, stop pushing her." She rolled her eyes and made herself a cup of coffee.

"Are you okay? Has something happened?" Ash asked changing her tone with her. MK just shrugged. "Talk to us." She requested. "They're getting married in a few months." "You were happy about that." "What are you trying to do piss her off so much that she leaves me? I don't need help with that." "Oh come on Elizabeth. She's obsessed with you she's not going anywhere." Mary-Kate said shooting me a look. "Then what are you trying to accomplish?" I asked her. "She's obsessed with you." I was confused. "You're jealous?" Ash questioned, reading her twin quicker than I could. "Who wouldn't be?" "You like my fiancé?" "No, not like that, not anymore." "What?" "Liz, let's hear her out okay," Ashley says standing between us holding her arm out to me to stop me from going to MK. I think my life is a big practical joke on me. One thing after another. My sister had to be joking right now, this had to be part of her attempt to annoy everyone in the house. It couldn't be real. 

"She never told you did she?" MK asked with a look I couldn't figure out on her face. Hurt? Confusion? Anger? "Tell me what?" I asked confused, what was going on. "It was years ago." She dismisses but I wasn't going to let her slither out of this. What was going on? "We've been together for 4 so it better have been fucking years ago." I felt myself losing my temper with her. I have a short fuse when it comes to people taking Nell from me, I worried all the time I wasn't good enough for her so when other prospects appear it agitates me.  "Liz," Ashley warned. "Just before you both stopped talking, before Cassie's birthday." I nodded. "I told her I liked her, that I had feelings for her and I think we should be together. She was drunk and sad about something and I was drunk." She makes mistakes when she's drunk and sad. I closed my eyes not wanting to hear the rest of the story. I knew how this one ends. I know what she does when she's drunk and sad. I've seen this story play out before. "She told me she was falling in love with someone else and it wouldn't have been fair to me or them." I opened my eyes and frowned looking at her making sure she wasn't lying to me. Had I just heard that right? "She put me to bed and stayed in the lounge that night. We spoke about it in the morning." I nodded telling her to go on. "She told me she was falling for you." She looked me directly in the eyes. "And you never told me?" I narrowed my eyes at her. "I mean you kissed her like two weeks later so what did it matter?" She shrugged. "It matters because we didn't speak for weeks after that kiss." "Which was your own fault." She pointed out, rather bluntly. "We could have been together from then," I say, getting annoyed again."Do you not prefer the idea of her telling you herself or me telling you?" I shrunk back knowing she was right.