57: Christmas cookies

Christmas isn't Nell's thing but I can tell she's trying for me. She went out and brought a tree whilst I was working well three trees, I was rambling the night before how the house is too big for just one tree and I didn't think she was listening to me because her eyes were closed and she was trying to go to sleep, I mean it was 3 in the morning after all and we had defiantly done extraneous activities. And normally when her eyes are closed and we're in bed she doesn't remember what I was going on about which is completely fine because I'm the same. But then I started talking about the house and how we needed to decorate it in time for the family to come over and I had to just empty my head out or I wouldn't be able to sleep. So I was rambling about how we need more than one tree and all the other things we needed and when I got home from the office today there were three trees, one in the lobby one in the family room and one on the landing of the staircase.

"You listened." I gush leaning on her shoulder admiring the large tree in the family room. "I have two ears it's what they do." "I thought you were sleeping." "Yet that didn't stop you talking about roasting a turkey and making stuffing." She teased. "I had to empty my head." She kissed the crown of my head. "We can decorate tonight, your mum lands tomorrow so I'm assuming you want it all good to go before then?" "You'd assume right. Did you get lights and stuff? I have no clue what Robbie did with ours. I can't find them anywhere." "Everything you rambled on about last night has been purchased, found or ordered." "You're the best." "It's all in the front room ready to be sorted through." "How did you get the trees in here?" "Hired help." 'Ah, you're learning my ways." "I had to, I couldn't get them home any other way." "I thought you used your magic." "It is you who is magic, my princess."

"When are the twins coming in again?" I asked her. We had been in LA for 3 days and my head is scrambled, completely and utterly scrambled. I have been working whilst trying to organise Christmas too. Nell has been sorting her studio out ready for when we come out here for filming so she's been busy in the day doing that I have completely forgotten the schedule we had planned beforehand but Nell seemed to have it all under control. "A day after your mum along with Rosie! and Colin and Scar." "I'm so going to tell her you were less excited to see her than her daughter." "She knows. We were on FaceTime earlier and I think I spoke to Rose the whole hour." "Dork." "She's adorable. You do it too." "I at least pay Scarlett or Colin some attention." "No, you don't." "I make you talk to them." "So I pay them attention and you don't, therefore, making me correct." "Oh shut up." I pushed her away and started organising the things she brought. She had really listened to my endless rambling last night.

We ordered pizza and then got started decorating the house, we had music playing and it was fun not stressful. No one was shouting, actually we were shouting but the lyrics to Christmas songs so it doesn't count. We didn't argue, or walk away from each other we stayed in the same room helping each other. The giant herself picked me up so I could put the stair on top of the tree. I had to literally sit on her shoulders to do this. I was scared being up this high but her hands were on my thighs helping me stay in place and I knew she wouldn't drop me.

I stayed up here for a while and adjusted a few of the higher decorations on the tree and then we had a laugh getting me down because I was screaming as I slid down her body as she held onto my hands making sure I didn't just hit the floor. "You good?" "Yeah." I love having a tall girlfriend. Robbie would have been boring and got the ladder out and done it himself. Everything was done as a team with Nell and I liked that. I actually felt part of a relationship with her. The tree in the lobby did require a ladder though as it was really tall and I on Nell's shoulders wouldn't allow me to put the star on top.

It took all night, a bottle of wine, two pizzas and a tub of ice cream but we got it done. The whole house is perfectly decorated and ready for our first Christmas. "You know something?" "What?" She asked wrapping her arms over my shoulders as she stood behind me looking at the tree with me, I lean back into her chest wanting to feel closer to her now I had contact. "This is our first proper Christmas together." "It is." "And it's going to be perfect." "A lot of pressure there, babe." "It will, it already is," I tell her. She pecked my cheek and swayed us to the music. "Everything is different with you." "A good different I hope." "A blissful different." "Good."