82: The Wedding

SCARLETT'S POV

I helped Nell into her dress with her mum's assistance, she had her hair and make-up all done and she was almost ready to have her photos taken before actually getting married. Her hands were trembling as I did the back of her dress up. Once I was done I squeezed her hand and she turned to face me with a timid smile on her lips. "You look incredible," I say, smiling at her. She chewed her lip and I pulled it out from her teeth as Lizzie asked me to. The couple know each other so well they can predict their behaviour. 

Last night when we were in the hotel before we all parted, she asked me to make sure Nell doesn't bite her lip and when she does to take it out from her teeth because she never knows she'd do it and she'll pierce the skin. "Lizzie's orders," I say and she smiled, blinking quickly. "My baby girl, look at you." her mother gushed covering her mouth with her hands as her eyes scanned over her stunning daughter. "Princess. Princess." Rose jumped up and down. "Come here," Nell says stretching her arm out to Rose her hand still quivering but we were all ignoring it, it was the nerves of the big day. She kicked her dress around so Rose could get close enough for her to scoop her up and place her on her hip. "You're the princess." She tells my daughter pointing in the large mirror. Her eyes lit up at the words. "Can Megan finish your hair?" She asked her, Rose was having a diva moment so we stopped getting her ready and let her chill out. She nodded and wiggled out going back over to Megan my hairstylist that Nell had hired for us.

Nell adjusted her dress again. "Do I look okay?" She asked me. "You look perfect, Lizzie is going to be speechless when she sees you. "Knock Knock." "That will be Grandpa," Anna says going to the door. Nell's brothers were helping set up with strict orders from Nell for how she and Lizzie want every detail, little does she know we all have a surprise for her, well for both of them.

"Where is she? Where's my favourite little girl?" Her grandma asked looking around her eyes landed on Rose. "Don't you look like a princess?" She says smiling brightly at my daughter. I looked at Nell and she had a sad smile on her face. "She was lucid this morning but..." Her grandpa said hugging her, apologetically. "She's here, that's all I care about." Her grandpa cupped her face and tilted her chin up, her family were all so tall, I assume her dad was tall too. "You have your daddy's eyes." He tells her, as he looked into her eyes completely mesmerised by the beautiful shades of green swirling together making her unique orbs. "I do." She said proudly. "He's here, just remembers that." She nodded blinking her tears away.

"Bug, come to say hello to the bride." "One second I'm playing with Eleanor." She thought Rose was Nell. "It's okay, let her enjoy this." They shared a moment together and he complimented her and gushed about how grown up she looked and how proud he was.

Eventually, her grandma came over and there was a faint look of familiarity in her gaze but she just smiled and congratulated her on the wedding before they left. Nell took a deep breath before turning to look at herself in the mirror. The dress fit her perfectly, her adjusting it was doing nothing. "Sweetie?" "What if she leaves?" "Nell she's not going to leave." Her mum says, with a slight hint of amusement in her tone. Nell didn't worry about Lizzie leaving, it wasn't a insecurity she had but now it's down to the wire I'm starting to see the facade she had used all these years slip away. Her calm, chill exterior crumbles as she shows how much she cares about this. "She might. She might leave, she might get in the car with her dad and go home and I will be left here." "Eleanor." Her mum snapped and she looked at her with big green eyes and knitted brows. "Elizabeth loves you. She is dying to marry you, and this will happen today. So, shake it off. Dance it out, scream if you need to." Rose screamed making us all jump but giggle. "Did you get it out, kid?" "Yep." She said proudly.

Her mum fixed her hairpiece, she had her hair down with loose curls through it, her hair was mid-length now after she had been growing it out for months after she cut it for a shoot she did with the twins.