64: Manic

Fall and Winter were on and off for Nell, she had a depressive episode followed by a manic episode followed by a depressive episode and then a manic one, before her meds balanced her out they weren't working anymore. It was scary to see her like that, she was trying so hard to keep going with work and social events we had a few press things and the charity thing and then she had shoots with The Row. Thanksgiving and Christmas when we were with my family it was like nothing was going on, it was honestly like nothing was going on with her, the day after both of them she didn't move from our bed, like not once not to pee or eat or to get a drink.

New Year's Eve is our anniversary and I wasn't expecting to do anything with her being so up and down for the past few months and she was still having a hard time, she didn't come to Scar's NYE party told Scar she had to work so I went alone and before it got to midnight I went home wanting to be with my girlfriend, I didn't want to leave her alone in the first place but she insisted. When I got home there was a note on our door.

Come to the roof, Princess

So I went to the roof pushing open the old door and leaving the latch on so we could get back down later. "Bug?"I walked out looking for her, She was sitting on the railing looking out at the city my heart started to pound in my chest she had a bad few months but I didn't know it was this bad. "Nell?" She turned to face and smile softly. "Hey, baby. You're home early." "I wanted to be with you for New years," I say pinching my coat closed as the wind blew. "Come, I have blankets." She lifted it up off her lap. "I don't want to sit there," I say, it didn't look safe. She tossed the blankets over and swing her legs around and stood up in a swift motion. "There's a ledge under." She waved me over she was right there was a ledge like 3 feet below. We stood leaning against the rail both wrapped in a think blanket, I leant my head on the shoulder.

"You feeling okay?" "Yeah, tired." "We can go to bed." "No, I want to stay here." "You sure?" "I've been in bed for two days, I just want to be out here." "Okay." "How was the party?" "Boring without you." "I'm sorry." "Not your fault you needed to rest." "My meds are changing tomorrow, hopefully, they'll get it right this time." "Have you told your mum?" She chuckled. "Nell I think you should." "6 years, I don't need to tell her. I can handle it." "I'm scared," I say looking up at her. "I'll be okay." "You keep saying that." "Trust me, just a rough patch." "You're sad." "I'm okay. I'll be okay." She pecked my lips softly, switching her attention between my top and bottom. The fireworks went off and it was just like when I asked her officially to be my girlfriend.

I pulled away gazing into her eyes. "You'll be okay?" "Yeah." She pecked my lips a few times in a row. "You want to go on a walk?" "Yeah." We go back inside and drop the blankets off along with my bag and then we go on a walk around the busy city that was filled with life tonight. We walked all the way to Soho. On our way home we got a facetime from Nell's family as we had in the past, she forced a smile for the duration of the call and when we hung up Jr asked me if Nell was okay. I lied to him said she had a late night at work a few times this week. The city was still roaring at 4 in the morning with celebrations of another year.

"Look." I point and she looked in the direction. "Ew." That was all she said and I chuckled unhooking our arms so I could take a photo of the billboard. "I didn't know it was up yet!" "It's been up for two weeks now." "Why didn't you tell me?" I whined, pointing my camera I take a few pictures. "Stand next to it." "Liz." "Please," I begged and she moved into frame and smiled.

I posted a picture to my story