30: Upset

"Thank you for coming," Cassie said showing me around the school. "Of course, show me the photography studio." "You're a nerd." But she pulled on my wrist and dragged me down the halls.  

"My English teacher is in there." "Aren't you coming in?" "We're not allowed. I'll meet you in the courtyard." "Lizzie is in the parking lot... She's driving us home." "You're coming over." "Nope, you and mum are coming over for dinner again." "You've not been to the house this week." "I've been busy, I've had stuff at the studio to deal with and-" "You've been staying with Lizzie instead of your family because you hate us." "Not true." "Then why are you spending so much time with her." "Because she's my friend." "And I'm your sister." "And I flew 3000 miles to come to your parent's evening that mum could have come to. Is that not enough?" "I went from having my sister there every day, to you going away." "I went to school." "After that." "I came home." "You were so distant you might as well left then!" "I lost my best friend." "And I lost my sister." "Go wait in the car," I tell her going into the classroom. I pulled myself together quickly and greeted her teacher.

"Miss Hastings, it's lovely to see you again." "Mrs Macavoy, Cassie loves your class," I say with a smile on my face as I shook her hand and to my seat. 

Cassie was excelling in her classes and she is the perfect student. I'm glad to know my sacrifices are giving her the upper hand in life, she has so much potential and this school is pushing her to reach it and she's going to get into the best schools and get the best jobs and she'll be amazing. I was so proud of her. 

I went out to the car and Nell and Lizzie were sitting there with serious faces, Lizzie had her sunglasses on so I couldn't exactly read what she was feeling right now. I climbed into the car. "I'm really proud of you Cass, you're doing so well. Your Biology teacher said you should apply for the summer programme. I think we could swing it if you want to. I can help with your application." I offer, looking over my shoulder at her. "Whatever. I want to go home." "We're going to Lizzie's." "I don't want to." "Well, that's where we're eating so." I looked at Lizzie and a tear slides down her cheek, I reach over and wipe it away. "Liz?" She shakes her head. 

"Crybaby." my head shoots in Cassie's direction. "Is she going to drive or what?" "Dail the attitude back by a 1000 and don't talk to her like that," I warn her and she rolls her eyes at me. "Do you want me to drive?" I asked. "No, I'm okay." She starts the car up and drives to her place, Cassie wasn't happy. 

"I need a minute," Lizzie says and I nod. "Can Cass use one of the bedrooms to change?" "Yeah of course." She forced a smile and went into her office. "Upstairs." I point and she stomps on each step. "What did you say to her?" "Nothing." "Nothing? She wouldn't get upset over 'nothing' so what happened?" "Nothing." "You need to stop lashing out at her, she's done nothing wrong. She's been nothing but nice to you since she met you. You were obsessed with her like a week ago." I point out. "I changed my mind." I cocked a brow. "What did you say to her?" "Nothing." "Get changed mum will be here soon." I threw her bag that I picked up from mum earlier on the bed and left her alone. 

I knocked on the office door before letting myself in. "Princess?" "I'm fine." She wiped her face dry with her palms. "You're not." I wrapped her in my arms. "I'm sorry." She cried into my chest, I rubbed circles on her back calming her. "What happened?" "I'm taking you away from her." "No, you're not." "She said I am." "We argued before I sent her to the car, this is on me." I reason with her. "I've been to LA more since meeting you than I did before, if anything you're making me see her more." I peppered her head with kisses. "I'm sorry she upset you." 

The gate rang. "That's your mum. Can you let her in whilst I go clean myself up?" I nodded and wiped under her eyes with my thumb. "You're perfect." I pecked her lips softly and then again until I kept them against hers moving in sync with each other only to be interrupted by the gate again. "Cassie's in the room next to the twins." She nodded and we both went our own ways. I put the code in so the gate opened letting mum in and then locked it back up before going to the door.