83: News

I paced around the ground floor waiting for Eleanor to get home. I needed to talk to her, her phone was off because she was on set and she had to turn her phone off. I had to call her assistant and ask her to tell Nell to come straight home she was due to finish at like 8 tonight it was currently 3, I called her assistant 20 minutes ago. Nell was meant to go out with a few of her friends from work for dinner but I needed her home. I needed her home right away. 

The door burst open and my concerned wife called for me. I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her she picked me up and I sobbed into her shoulder. "Princess?" She held me tighter. "What's happened? Are you okay?" "The baby." I managed out. Crying again, I couldn't get my words out to tell her what has happened. "It's okay, it's going to be okay, we can try again." "No, no." I pulled away. "I'm pregnant." Her eyes widened as they filled with tears and she spun me around, it was a few days early to be testing but I couldn't wait any longer. The doctors said it would take 2 weeks to have a positive test and any test that came back negative before that, that we shouldn't worry but it came back positive 7 tests came back positive. "Are you joking?" She asked me getting emotional, I cupped her face. "No, I did 7 tests all positive," I tell her having calmed down. She took a deep breath gathering herself. "Really?" "Yes baby, yes." "Oh my gosh." She whispered to herself, I smiled at her reaction. "We still have to check again." She nodded. "How did you get home so fast? You're not finished for another 5 hours." "My assistant told me you called and asked for me to go home after work. I assumed something was wrong and came back here." I was now noticing her full face of make-up and hair styled in a different way to normal with heaps of hair gel and spray holding it in place. 

"You came straight here?" I asked in disbelief. "Well, when your wife calls, yes, you tend to go straight to her." She carried me to our kitchen and sat me on the counter my arms still around my neck as she stood between my legs. I wiped her tears away that were ruining her make-up. "I didn't mean for you to leave work," I felt guilty. "I'll always come to you when you call." I smiled at her. "Always." She pecked my lips.

-----------

Every Morning for the rest of the month I took a test to ease my mind that I was still pregnant. We were currently at Jr's place for Christmas. Nell was obsessed with Tony's son literally haven't put him down since we arrived. "Eleanor, share the baby with your brother please." Her mum told her when Tony complained about not being able to hold his own son. "But he likes me better." "Eleanor." Her mum said again, she looked down at the baby boy in her arms. "Let's ask Hunter who he wants to be fed by." "He's a few weeks old he doesn't know who he wants to be held by," Tony complained. "Just let her keep him, she's quiet," Jr told him dismissing his brother. "Yeah, listen to your big brother." She teased sticking her tongue out at him like the child she is. 

She was loving the baby cuddles, I admired her as she spoke quietly to the baby in her arms, she was in her own world ignoring the adult conversation and focusing 100% on the precious new life in her arms. I was used to it because this is what she was like with Rose. Nothing else matters to her but the baby. We hadn't told anyone we're expecting we wanted to be sure, we had a scan in NYC in the new year and we wanted to keep it to ourselves until we knew for sure everything was okay, the only people that knew were her dad's parents because we told them at the wedding and whenever her grandma has a lucid moment she calls to talk to us about it. It is clear Nell is her favourite grandchild and Nell knows it too. 

Watching her with her nephew only made me more excited for our baby to come into the world and witness her being a mum. She'd be the best it came so natural to her and she has grown so much as a person from when I first met her to now. She wouldn't let anyone hug her for longer than 3 seconds unless it was Cassie and now she's used to it she even initiates it which her family are still getting used to. I see the surprised faces when she hugs one of them or leans into their side whilst we're watching television together. They always welcome it of course. I knew she'd love this baby so much, the way she loves me unconditionally, being attentive to my needs, pushing me to grow, supporting me she'd do all that for our child and I couldn't wait to witness it. To see her holding our baby in her arms as she sings softly or has nonsense conversations with them, mirroring their facial expressions as she did with Rose and does with Hunter.