61: Sorry For Your Loss

We've been in LA for 6 months now, and it's actually been nice, seeing mum and Jr more. Being able to help mum more with the coffee shops gives her a little break. Being with Lizzie full time and not worrying about when we have to be apart. Knowing when we both finish work for the day we'll be going to the same place. Maybe not the same time, I might be in bed when she comes home but we wake up next to each other, she kisses me to wake me up before she leaves for morning shoots. It's sweet and I enjoyed seeing her first thing in the morning. Hearing her mumble and I love you before she leaves. Coming home and having some sort of food with her when she finishes at a reasonable time. Having lunch dates in the busy work day. Being able to walk over to set whenever I wanted to see her whenever she needed me. She surprised me with lunch a few times at the studio on my really busy days. I'm really glad we chose to do this. Instead of be apart in different states.

I was in the studio today just doing admin things. It was a boring day but Lizzie was shooting all day so it was better to be out of the house. The show looked amazing, I stop by on days Lizzie says are emotionally challenging just to be there for her, it's easy enough my studio is literally across the road to her set. I just want to support her and being here makes it so much easier.

My phone rang and I frowned at the ID it was Lizzie's assistant James. "Hello?" He never calls me, I only have his number because Lizzie used my phone once. "Miss Hastings?" "Yeah James, what's up?" I asked squeezing the phone between my shoulder and ear whilst I continued to type. "Lizzie said you weren't really busy today so I've taken it upon myself to call you." "Yeah what's up?" I say casually still doing my work. "Lizzie had a challenging scene today and she's not calming down." "I'll be there in five." I got up from my desk and grabbed my keys lock the place up and run over to the set, I give my ID over and rush through. James told me to wait by her car so I did. She came out clearly she had been crying James beside her. She sees me and runs over her body slammed against mine I held her securely, she started sobbing. "Baby, talk to me." She just kept crying and crying. "What happened? What scene did she film?" I asked James still trying to soothe her but getting information at the same time. "Flashback scene of her being told he had died, I believe." She cried harder. "Baby, I'm here, it's okay," I tell her, I adjust my hold on her and lift her up her legs wrap around me. "Okay, I got it from here, thank you, James." He nodded and put her bag on the hood of the car.

"You can't die. You can never die. You have to promise me." She says cupping my face. "Baby, breathe what are you talking about?" "I thought. You... Just promise me you won't die." I pecked her forehead, "That's not exactly a promise I can make, bug. We're all going to die." "Then let me go first. Promise me I can go first." I kissed her forehead. "I'm here princess."

"Do you have to go back inside?" "No, I'm done for the day." "Let's get you home then." I set her on her feet and she still holds onto me. I go into her purse and find her car keys before sitting her in the passenger seat. "It's finished with now, Princess, have some water." I closed her door and went around the driver's side. The project has been so emotionally draining on her. It's really taking its toll on her.

When we got home she went straight to bed, I laid with her for a while she clutched my hand tightly not letting me go. We'd talk about it at some point, the main thing was she was sleeping, peacefully, she had been getting these nightmares that are keeping her awake out of fear of getting the nightmare again. She refused to tell me what they were she just asked me to hold her so I did.

--------

"Talk to me, what happened?" "I can't." "Why?" "Because you'll tell me to stop. And I need to finish the show first." I was more concerned by her words than I was before. "Bug? You gotta tell me. I can't get phone calls from James and have you hysterical in the parking lot." "I'm finishing the project." "I wouldn't ask you to stop. You're a grown woman you do what you want to do." She took a breath.