66: House Warming

Nell was still asleep after our late night activities she was a little worn out, I draped the thin sheet over her perfect body as I slipped away from her loose embrace to go make breakfast for us both. I put an oversized top on before disappearing downstairs.

I had the music on low as I made us pancakes and bacon. A personal favourite of mine. I texted with my sisters as I did this, they were just asking about the party this afternoon. I put our stack of pancakes and bacon on a plate with cutlery and placed it on a white wooden tray, along with two champagne floats with orange juice and champagne in them. I carry it all the way to the top floor of our house admiring the pictures on the shelves of the landing as I walked past, we had a little reading nook on each set of stairs that looked out onto the street, and one of them looked into our garden, that was my favourite one because I could see all the pretty plants and flowers that were growing.

When I got to our room Nell was still asleep, I sat the try down on my side of the bed before sitting and leaning over her body to stroke her cheek. "Angel," I said delicately as I soothed her awake with soft touches and little kisses. "Morning." She mumbled with a faint smile gracing her lips. "Good Morning Fiancé," I say smirking at her she smiled wider at the name. "Good Morning, Princess." She twisted onto her back the sheet slipping exposing her but she didn't care. "We're engaged." "We are." She says back simply. "I made us breakfast and some celebratory drinks," I inform her as she sat up. "Aww, Baby." She cooed. "Just a sneak peek of married life with me." I joked, moving the tray onto our laps. Nell tucked the sheet under her armpits and had me feed her in between bites for myself.

"Are you sure you want to tell people today?" "Getting cold feet already, Olsen?" She teased. "I like our bubble." "It'll still be our bubble, but with drunk family making it all the more fun." "What was your plan for asking me?" I asked, I kind of forced her into asking me. "Remember when we were in Malibu for the long weekend?" I nodded. "Then." "Horse ride and a picnic." I gush despite it not happening then. "Why didn't you?" "Got scared." "Of what? The horse?" "You saying no you idiot." "Why on earth would I do such a stupid thing like that?" "You're dating me, you do stupid things sometimes, Olsen." "Oh please, you're the best thing that's happened to me. The smartest decision I have ever made."

She scrunched her nose so I did it back. We had a lot to do this morning so I was refraining from connecting my lips with hers right now knowing we'd get lost in each other and completely forget about our responsibilities. She looked so incredible, with her lazy curls, deep husky morning, the sheet draping over her body like that, her eyes sparkling in the sun pushing through the thin curtains we had up. They were bright green this morning. She was really happy. Which made me smile wider as I realised this. This is what she wanted too, it wasn't just something she was doing to make me happy, or because I forced her into it. She wanted this just as much as I did and I was happy and she was happy and we were happy together.

We eventually got out of bed both showering, which took longer than it should, thanks to Nell.

We put on casual clothes both throwing our hair up in a variation of a messy hairstyle and both left the house to do separate tasks to get ready for the party. We mostly stayed on the phone with each other as we completed our tasks for the day. I had to get the food we needed, Nell was on a wine and alcohol run. I had to Nell's prints for her. Whilst she went to pick up my contract from the offices as we were on opposite sides of the city.

I got home before Nell and started on the food preparation for this afternoon, it was all just picky foods that needed no cutlery or table to eat on. Nell got in about half an hour after hanging up with me. She kissed my cheek as she handed me a bunch of flowers. "Angel." "Sneak peek of married life with me." She teased. I scrunched my nose up and she did it back both our smiles bigger than the city right now. Her eyes were still bright green, I haven't seen them this bright before and I made her this happy, all the sadness disappearing from her body because we got engaged last night, in our spot, listening to our song, with each other.