21: I'm Not Him

NELL'S POV

I had managed to get the day off work today to spend with Lizzie before she goes back to LA for a few weeks. I haven't slept in two days but it was worth it. This morning we went to the coffee shop and sat there for an hour having a catch-up and planning how this was going to work with us being in two separate states. We scheduled facetime calls after I hang up with Cassie and we're going to text as much as we can we both understand we have busy jobs that often require us to be away from our phones for a few hours at a time. 

She was coming back for Halloween and is staying until mid-November because she has some work things to do over here. I wasn't complaining it meant she was here for like two weeks, maybe three. It all depends on when she comes back for Halloween. 

After breakfast, we took a long walk around the city and sat in central park for a while people watching, I took a few pictures as we walked around of different things and she hid behind her sunglasses so she wasn't noticed by anyone. We grabbed lunch in Little Italy. We practically walked the entire city today. After eating I made her get the subway home and we've been here chilling watching a film for the past hour. 

I could feel her gaze on me but I was ignoring it too into the film right now to give her my attention. After another five minutes, I looked over at her. "Can I help you?" I asked her smiling at her, she blushed and looked away making me chuckle. "What's up, Princess?" I asked her casually, smiling as she blushed and refused to make eyecontact. "Nothing." "Okay." I went back to watching the film and her gaze shifted back to me. "Bug? You gotta stop watching me." She didn't say anything. "What's wrong?" I asked looking at her again. "I want a kiss." I chuckled. "Then kiss me, you idiot." "I can't just kiss you." She exclaimed. "Sure you can." "No." "Why not? We're dating, aren't we? People who date kiss." She got all shy so I left to her to compose herself. "Are we exclusive?" She asked suddenly. "Yes, well I hope we are. I don't like to share." I tell her playfully. I hear her sigh and I smile to myself. I turn to her and lean in pecking her lips a few times, she chased mine and captured them again. Our movements were slow and careful, I didn't want to rush her and go too far so I was doing everything at her pace. Her hand touched my cheek but moved away quickly. I found her hand without breaking the kiss and placed it on my cheek, I pulled away slightly our lips grazing as I spoke. "You can touch me, I won't disappear," I whispered, her thumb gently brushed against my skin and I pecked her lips again. Her moves were hesitant as she cupped my face and smoothed her fingers across my cheeks. "He never let me touch him." "I'm not him." I pecked her lips again keeping the proximity between us our noses brushing against each other breaths mixing as she explored my face with her delicate touch. She tilted my face and rested her forehead against mine. I touched her cheek as delicately as she touched mine. "You don't like to be touched." She whispered to me. "I can get used to your touch," I whispered back and she smiled slightly I slowly tilted her head to kiss her lips again and we pulled apart. 

I settled back into the sofa to watch the film and held my arm up and she folded into my side, I laid my arm over her keeping her close and ran my fingers up and down her arm as we watched the remained of the film. When the end credits rolled in she was sleeping soundly, I admired her for a few moments before taking a nap myself.

-----------

"Angel?" "Hmm?" I blink a few times adjusting to the light in the room. "We fell asleep." "Indeed we did," I say sitting up slightly but Lizzie held onto me, I chuckled and held her back bringing her with me. "I didn't want you to sleep now and not tonight so I woke you. I'm sorry." "I appreciate it." "Yeah?" "Yeah... What time is it?" "6." "We should get dinner," I tell her. "What do you want?" I asked adjusting the way we were sat as I rolled my neck out. "Anything." "How about..." I thought for a while. "The soup you make." She fills in for me. "You got in, Princess." "Do we have everything in?" "You did my grocery shopping yesterday so I assume so." She insisted on doing it whilst I was at work because she wanted to know I was eating whilst she was away. "Okay." "You have to get up for me to cook." "You're comfy." she protested. "Then why did you wake me?" "Because you won't sleep tonight." "Neither will you if you keep laying on me." I was almost entirely sat up and she was still laid down. "I just want to stay here for a while." "Okay." I settled back down and eventually she was ready for me to get up.