🇮🇳CHAPTER TEN~

It was the first day of Asia Cup and India was facing Bangladesh. The same team which had defeated them in their first series two months back. The predictions were one sided. Everyone thought India is going to loose the match as well as the tournament, based on their previous performances. Drishti had won the toss and elected to bat first, hence, Anshika and Trishani went for batting.

Trishani was the vice captain now hence she sent Anshika to the non strikers end and took the first strike herself. She took her guard and looked around for field placements. Bangladesh was opening with their leg spinner first.

"Accha hain, Thakur strike pe hogi toh runs jaldi banenge. Anshika hard hitter hoke bhi defensive khelti hain,"said Antara.

"Haan, usko toh bass apni runs ki parhi hoti hain,"Zeba added.

Trishani defended the first ball and Anshika gave her a look, but she totally ignored it and got ready to face the next ball. Hitting the next ball for a boundary, she took a double at the next, and then defended the next and then wished to take a single but Anshika didn't run as she knew Trishani would be back at strike at the next over if she takes the single.

"Intentionally single liya nahi saali ne!"Shaktipriya said.

"Chalo dekhte hain. Agla over shayad fast bowler daalega captain. Accha khel leti hain. Runs aane chaiye. Jaise bhi aaye jisse bhi aaye. Bass yorkers kamzori hain iski,"Drishti added.

Anshika hit the first ball for a four and then took a risky double in the second one as she has no intention of giving the strike to Trishani.She defended the next ball and then hit the other one for a six.

"Chalo accha jaa rahi hain, kaafi hain iss over ke kiye,"Shalini said while Trishani came to Anshika.

"Anshika strike rotate kar. Sirf char, chhay marke nahi khel sakte hum,"she said and Anshika replied,"what do you mean by that? Char chhay marne ka chances chhor ke ek doh runs loon abb? Go back to your spot."

"You will hit a risky shot to hit it hard. Dekh lena,"Trishani said before going back.

Anshika took her position and hit the next ball for a six, but it went straight towards fielders, but dropped before they could catch it.

Trishani nodded her head and said while coming to her "kya kar rahi hain? Yeh ball marne ki kya zarurat thi?"

"Teri Captain hi toh keheti hain ki T20 mein chakke lagte rehene chaiye. Voh khud bhi toh yahi karti hain. Usko toh kuch nahi bolti. Badi aayi mujhe sunane waali,"Anshika replied.

"Voh aise risky shots kabhi nahi marti! Tujhe toh baas apni karni hain. Jo chahe kar!"Trishani said before walking away.

Anshika hit the last ball of the over for a four and the over ended. They went to play few more overs. Although runs keep coming but the understanding between the two batters were not at all on point and even a spectator could feel that.

Anshika got out suddenly, trying to hit a ball for a six, which she shouldn't had, and Drishti walked to the field while passing a look to Anshika as the latter glared at her.

Trishani did a bat tap with her and she said,"abb naagin dance hoga."

The men's team were watching the match on a big tv screen at their hotel. They saw Drishti coming to the field and got excited to see this duo bat again, when they heard what Drishti said immediately after coming they giggled.

Drishti took the strike and hit the first ball, taking a double and then a single, and Trishani came at strike, hitting a four 4 and a six, followed by a single to end the over.

Drishti hit three back to back sixes next and
Trishani said,"oye Kharbanda agayi apni asli rup mein?"

"Abb flow flow mein nikal jaate hain hum idhar udhar,"Drishti replied.