🇮🇳CHAPTER FORTY FIVE~

"And with that sixer from Ellyse Perry, Australia wins against India. This is the first defeat for India in this World Cup Campaign. They had registered a victory against Pakistan, New Zealand, Bangladesh in their previous games, but Australia seemed to have measured their steps and strategies well beforehand."

"The Indian side was not up to the their level tonight. Captain Drishti Kharbanda getting out on a duck, to Sonarika Chauhan scoring just ten runs to Trishani Thakur playing a slow game, followed by Shalini Chauhan and poor performance from top bowlers, all together turned the winning streak down for the Indian Team tonight. Hope they will bounce back in their next match and head to the Semi Finals."

The commentators said over their mics while the Women In Blue sat in the dressing room in a dejected mood.

"It's not possible to win each and every match guys. Today was not our day. Chin up! We will bounce back harder,"Drishti said to the team.

"People are talking about your non conventional captaincy now. Abb ek match haar gaye toh sabko teri captaincy galat lag rahi hain,"Shalini said.

"Kya hi kar sakte hain yaar! Abb Mahi Bhai bhi harr match nahi jeet paaye theh apne team ko lekar. Humlog toh abhi bhi seekh hi rahe hain bass,"Drishti replied with a sigh.

"To be honest, all of us were not up to the mark today,"Zeba said.

"Actually! Kisi ek ki nahi poori team ki galti hain,"Antara added.

"Dekhna agli game zaroor jitenge humlog. Aaj waali galtiyan nahi dohorayenge,"Praniti added.

"Haan jitenge bhai. Ek haar se kya jaata hain? Haar se jeet ka safar tey karenge,"Sonarika said.

"Aur Semi Finals tak pohochenge,"Trishani added.

"Girls!"Mahi Bhai called them and they stood up at once making a circle around him, holding hands.

"That's what I wanted to see,"he said with a smile, seeing them like that together and added,"always be together like this. Only you all can stop yourselves from winning the World Cup. It's just a defeat, learn from it and move on. You all have come a long way, you have to go a long way ahead."

"We are sorry. We couldn't do well tonight,"Shaktipriya said.

"Yes! The bowling department did their worst today,"Richa added.

"So did the batting department. And Bhai, I am sorry on behalf of everyone. I too made mistakes in captaining them tonight,"Drishti said.

"It happens. Everyday isn't the same. And Kharbanda, pata hain teri galti kaha thi? You tried to copy my style tonight just like you did in the previous match. Sabke saamne bol raha hoon because everyone should learn this. Bring your originality into the game, always all time. Kisi ko copy karoge toh ekdin dao chalega toh dusri din hi ulta parr jayega. Kharbanda, teri khudki captaincy hi sahi hain. You don't have to copy my decisions and fielding setting completely to win. And same with Sonarika, and Richa. Stop imitating Hardik and Jasprit. You all are good with your own styles. I don't want to see these things again,"Mahi Bhai said.

"Sorry Bhai, nahi hoga phirse,"Drishti said rubbing the back of her head and Sonarika and Richa apologised as well, followed by the others.

"I know you all are newbies. Everything went on at a very fast pace for all of you. Yet you all have adapted to everything so well. I will be glad if that continues. I know you all will be able to manage all the pressure and thrive under difficult circumstances as well. You all have it within you. I trust you all, my girls,"Mahi Bhai said, earning a hug from Drishti and Sonarika, followed by the entire team, and he chuckled calling them mad.