🇮🇳CHAPTER SIXTY~

The men and the women senior cricket teams were gathered at the Wankhede for the annual charity match between men and women

The men and the women senior cricket teams were gathered at the Wankhede for the annual charity match between men and women. This very game was started as a practice match for the women's cricket team around a decade earlier and it has always been a mega successful one day event since years.

Atreya was sitting quietly near the balcony of the dressing room, away from the team. She was nervous, and was not sure whether she would perform well or not. But it was like a real debut for her as a player of the senior team, so it was very important for her to perform well.

"Nervous?"Drishti's voice startled her as she sat beside her on the bench, opening her cricket pads.

"You, here? No am not nervous,"Atreya said making Drishti chuckle.

"Hota hain. It's your first match as a player of the senior team afterall."

"Yeah...whatever. By the way, why are you opening your pads? I mean, I have seen you padded up whenever you went for tosses."

"Yeah it's sort of a habit. But today am not going for the toss, Tejaswini is going in my place. She is the acting Captain for today's match. I am resting today."

"What? And what politics is this now? Why won't you play today? You know it very well that your captaincy is needed today. What cheap game is this?"

"You will be the Vice-Captain for the day,"Drishti said standing up and shocking Atreya to the core and she sprang up while saying,"no no no way. I am not ready for it. This is cheating. You should have told us."

"I was 24, and I had to do captaincy in the middle of an ongoing match. The same Men vs Women match. The first ever official Men vs Women match, sponsored by BCCI, infact. And that very day I was declared the permanent Captain and I really had no clue about it. You think it's about politics. Okay even if there is politics, much more is the performance of the Cricketers that is valued here. Atreya, today you both will be taking mine and Trishani's place, next match Shinjhini and Maaya might get chance. And based on your performances, your roles for the future will be selected. It will be decided whether to keep you all in the team or not. So give your best. Trishani, Richa and others will be there to guide you all, don't worry,"Drishti said.

"And what if I don't perform well today? You all will throw me out immediately right?"

"What makes you think you won't perform well today? Pehele hi negative soch loge toh kheloge kaise? And even if you fail to play well by any chance, then you'll be given more chances, so don't worry and enjoy the opportunity."

"How can I believe these when it's coming from you? I don't trust you at all,"Atreya said while crossing her arms.

"No need to trust me. Just trust yourself and trust your teammates. Everything else will fall in it's right place on it's own,"Drishti said.

"My Di always said that one should think about ones own performance first rather than thinking about their teammates and trusting them all the time. The teammates are traitors."