🇮🇳CHAPTER THIRTY SIX~

ICL was nearing its end as it was the day of play offs between Mumbai Challengers and Royal Strikers Delhi at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai.

The winner of this match will directly go to the finals and will wait for their competitor which will be decided by the second play offs between Bangalore and Kolkata, losers of both the matches will be eliminated from the tournament.

Rohit won the toss and elected to bat first but as he was coming towards the dressing room he saw Trishani sitting on the stairs of their dressing room.

"Kya hua? Abhi tak pad up nahi kiya? Chal we are batting first!", he said to her and Trishani looked at him and said, "Bhaiya apne Ritika bhabi ko yahi propose kiya tha na?"

"Haan kiya toh tha, lekin tu yeh abhi kyu puch rahi hain?", Rohit asked arching his brows.

" Nahi aise hi. It's a nice gesture to propose someone at the place where they might have some very special memories attached to," Trishani said and Rohit crossed his arms around his chest and said, "Jo bhi karna hain match ke baad karna. Go and pad up fast!"

Trishani chuckled and gave a nod to him before walking inside the dressing room as Rohit followed her.

"Kya re Iyer? Udhar kya dekh raha hain tu? Dobara short ball pe gaya na tu aaj toh dekh liyo,"Drishti said while hitting Shreyas and walked ahead as Virat was shouting,"apne apne positions lo benstokes!"

Shreyas looked towards the Mumbai dressing room once before going to his position as Rohit walked ahead into the field and Trishani followed him.

She looked at Shreyas once before taking her position at the non strikers end as Virat set the field.

The bowling attack started with Shaktipriya, who was in a different form since the last two matches and she stayed at it by taking a maiden over.

Rohit and Trishani came in the middle to exchange strike as he said to her, "Sunn iss over mein marna hi padega kaise bhi karke. Tu badi hit marne ki koshish karna aur strike rotate karna.. Thik haina?"

"Jee bhaiya!", Trishani said and they took their positions after tapping their bats.

"Bhai Jaan halka matt daliyo!"Drishti said from behind the stumps as Siraj came over but suddenly Siraj was asked to stop by Virat as he sent Jadeja in place of him.

"Yeh accha hain, bowlers ko bhi dance karwa rahe hain yeh!"Shubman commented.

Jaddu bowled the first ball as Trishani hit it for a six and Rohit gave a nod to her.The over went on and Jadeja conceded 10 runs in total.

Although bumpy at first but the duo kept the scoreboard running as they ended up scoring 56 runs for no wicket at the end of powerplay which was pretty decent.

It was strategic time out and Trishani removed her helmet and was drinking water when Shreyas passed by her. She smiled looking at him but he once again ignored her.

"Kuch hua hain kya tum dono ka?", Rohit asked as Trishani said with a chuckle, "Kuch nahi Bhaiya, pehele match khatam karte hain phir I know how to handle him."

"Yeh tum aajkal ke bacche!", Rohit said with a chuckle while wearing his helmet.

The time out ended soon and Rohit got out after few overs as Rahul came next to bat. Trishani and Rahul built a decent partnership for a while.

Siraj came to bowl the 12th over as he bowled short to Trishani and she played a pull shot to hit it for a six and Shubman looked at Shreyas.

"Kya hain?", he asked with a frown and Shubman said, "Nahi matlab aur kuch nahi toh issey short ball khelna hi shikh lete aap."