🇮🇳CHAPTER THIRTY NINE~

"Hi doston! Aap log hain TOI SPORTS AWARDS ke set pe

"Hi doston! Aap log hain TOI SPORTS AWARDS ke set pe. Aur main aapka favourite anchor Jatin Sapru aap sabka swagaat karta hoon iss jashan ki mahol mein. Our renowned sports celebrities have started arriving. Now the camera will focus on Mayanti Langar, who will be welcoming the sports stars at the red carpet."

The stage for the TOI Sports Awards was ready and various sportspersons and celebrities had started arriving at the venue one by one. Mayanti was at the entryway, asking questions and playing mini games with the sports stars.

"Here arrives the King with his Queen,"Mayanti said while welcoming Virat and Anushka at the red carpet area and added,"firstly, congratulations for your big ICL win Virat. How does it feels to win the champions title of the very first season?"

"Thankyou very much, it feels great. It's an out of the world experience for me. But ofcourse it was only possible because of my phenomenal team. What a great team effort it was! And what a lovely experience!"Virat replied cheerfully.

"Anushka has been present at the finale night with Vamika. You seemed to enjoy yourself thoroughly too."

"Oh yes, absolutely. Who doesn't enjoy seeing her team winning? I absolutely loved the match and the way the entire season turned out. Hoping for them to win two back to back seasons to make it a hatrick now,"Anushka replied with a chuckle, making Virat chuckle as well.

"Okay, so now! As you can see, yaha pe ek chhota sa kitchen counter hain. So for the first time ever in history, the King will be making something for his Queen,"Mayanti said while showing the beautifully decorated counter at the corner.

"Ohh! I know what he will make,"Anushka said and Virat added,"a healthy salad."

Shubman and Richa walked in at that very moment, followed by Siraj and Neeraj Chopra, who seemed to have arrived at the same time.

"Welcome to our rising stars. Neeraj ne aaj Cricketers ke sang entry li hain, kya baat hain,"Mayanti said.

"Haan, abb Cricket ho yah javelin throw, sab thehere sports person, toh ek saath hi agaye,"Neeraj replied.

"Yeh nazara pasand aaya mujhe,"Siraj said on seeing Virushka at the kitchen counter and added,"can I join them?"

"Yes you can Siraj. We understand, your best person is there, but spend few minutes with us as well,"Mayanti teased and everyone laughed.

"Firstly, Neeraj, how's your injury now? Hope you're better."

"Yes I am. Kaafi better hoon pehele se."

"So, you're practicing for the upcoming events?"

"Yes I have resumed my practice. Dhire dhire jaa raha hoon. Hopefully poori fit aur taiyaar ho jaunga next event tak."