🇮🇳CHAPTER FORTY THREE~

The Mithali Raj Cricket Academy

"Haan! Feels like coming back to home,"Sonarika said while entering the Cricket Academy.

"Back to place from where our journey started,"Trishani added.

"And from here on we will be continuing our journey in an upgraded way. We have to win the World Cup ANYHOW!"Drishti said while walking ahead of everyone.

"I was missing our academy so much!"Shaktipriya said.

"Haan! Abb World Cup tour pe jaane tak yahi rahenge,"Antara added.

"Girls! Gather at the backyard ground in ten minutes!"Zaheer made an announcement through the mic and the team jogged off towards the backside field of the academy.
They came and stood in queues while Mahi Bhai walked in, alongside Sehwag Sir, Zaheer and Kaif.

"Girls! England tour started off very bad but I am glad that you all managed to win the ODI and T20 series. I am so proud of you all. Now listen, what's done is done. We need to focus on World Cup now and upgrade our strategies and techniques,"Mahi Bhai said and the girls cheered and said a yes in reply.

"Sehwag is here to look after your batting style permanently now. Give a huge round of applause for him as he will be your permanent batting coach now,"Kaif added and the girls clapped and Drishti whistled along.

"Kharbandaaaa!"the coaches said together, making her frown, while the rest of the team giggled.

"I am very happy to be your permanent batting coach. The team has come so far and in such a positive manner. I will be proud to be your coach,"Sehwag said and the girls clapped for him happily.

"Girls! We expect a lot from you. We want to see your best performance this time. The one which we are yet to see. Unlock your full potential for the World Cup,"Mahi Bhai said.

"In simple terms, we want the World Cup from you all,"Zaheer added.

"We shall give you the World Cup, Sir. My team will do it for sure,"Drishti stated confidently.

"Yes! We will do it. We will bring the World Cup home this time,"Trishani added.

"Sir, what about our senior players? They are fit now right? Won't they be playing?"Sonarika asked and a whispering and murmuring started within the team.

"To be honest the BCCI and the entire management team was confused regarding the team selection as they all are experienced and it would be better if they played. But at the same time, that would result into team change at this crucial moment, and we feel that you people are more comfortable around each other. So we won't be taking any risk. In fact, your seniors too want you all to play this time. So no change in team,"Mahi Bhai said.

The girls cheered and rejoiced on hearing this and they made a huddle and hugged each other. They were glad that they were not separated because of the World Cup, and they could play it together.