🇮🇳CHAPTER FIFTY EIGHT~

Shinjhini followed Sonarika from a distance while the latter was talking to Trishani about something. She stood aside confused regarding whether she should approach Sonarika or not but then she was too shy or rather trivially egoistic to accept infront of Sonarika that she has been idolising her since her teenage years and had always wanted to become a perfect allrounder like her.

Trishani's eyes fell on Shinjhini as she said with a smile, "Areh Shinjhini tum udhar kyu khadi ho? Do you need something?"

"Nahi. Main voh aise hi.." she said as the duo looked at each other and Trishani said with a chuckle, "Hum koi Sher thode hain yaar. Come here!"

Shinjhini nodded and went towards them as Sonarika said, "Tum toh allrounder ho na? Batting allrounder like me!"

Shinjhini gave a nod and said, "Not like you for sure. You are number one all rounder in the world!"

Sonarika smiled as Trishani gave a pat on her back and said, "Ek number banne mein time lagta hain. Ekdin mein nahi hota. You will also be on top one day for sure!"

"You also have been Number one ODI batter for really long time. Tell me one thing, is it satisfying being number one?" Shinjhini asked looking at Trishani and she smiled,nodding a no.

"It's actually terrifying being number one. See, when you're not as good at something people doesn't have any expectations from you and hence you don't have anything to lose. But when you're number one,everyone's eyes are at you. You make one mistake and they will come at you like nothing else.." she said as Sonarika gave a nod.

"The journey of being number one is really satisfying, the position.. not so much!" Sonarika said and added, "But yes that doesn't mean we will stop trying to be the best. We shouldn't slow our growth for anything or anyone!"

Shinjhini stared at her and smiled then said, "You remember 8 years ago,the match against Australia where you scored a century and then took 4 wickets? T-20 world cup ka must win match tha voh.."

"Haan Wankhede main na? Obviously I remember! Yeh Trish ki baas tabhi tabhi shaadi huyi thi. Hath mein mehendi bhi gayi nahi thi iska!" Sonarika said with a chuckle.

"Yes exactly! That was the first match I ever watched in a stadium live and seeing you perform in it.. well I used to play cricket from before only but it.. inspired me to play for my country and do well!" Shinjhini said with much hesitation and the senior duo looked at each other and smiled.

"Sona, you have got a fangirl!" Trishani said with a chuckle and added while embracing Shinjhini's shoulder, "Itna darr darr ke kyu bol rahi hain? There is nothing wrong in idolising someone and wanting to become like them. I wanted to become like Rohit bhaiya and Smriti di so much. Pata hain, the first day I went to bat with Rohit Bhaiya, I froze for few minutes. Mujhe toh believe hi nahi ho raha tha that it's actually happening!"

"Same happened with me when Hardik came to talk to me on his own!" Sonarika said while giggling as Shinjhini looked at both of them with surprise.

" Really? I mean.. wasn't it embarrassing for you?" she asked.

" Why would it be embarrassing? As Trish said, it's completely normal to idolising someone and it's also completely natural to get intimidated by them when you meet them for the first time! After all we are all humans.. we are bound to get emotional." Sonarika said making Shinjhini rethinking all her beliefs.

" Well then.. can I ask you something?" she asked looking at both of them and they gave a nod and she added, "Can you two teach me some techniques? I mean Trishani ma'am, your pull shot and straight drive is world famous and Sona ma'am, I want to learn how to nail the perfect bouncer like you without it being a wide or no ball!"