🇮🇳CHAPTER SIXTEEN~

"Hey!"Rahul waved at Sonarika who waved back at him and walked up to the pool chair and sat on the chair beside him.

"Heya!"she said and he pointed at the drink in her hand and said,"Pina colada? Nice."

"Basically Kharbanda had suggested me to taste this once, hence took it since it was available at the drinks counter,"Sonarika replied before taking a sip and added,"tastes great."

"Kharbanda, hmm. Your team is looking like a team now, unlik the initial days,"Rahul said looking at the Women's team at a distance, playing and gossiping around the pool,"all of you are quite talented ladies. So, can we expect a World Cup this time?"

"Maybe you all can. Well, to be honest none of us had thought that we will get chance in the Indian Cricket Team in this way. We are missing the guidance of the senior players, it's a complete new team filled with youngsters. Anshika is the oldest one, who is just twenty five. We are yet to gain first hand experiences and learn much more. Haan World Cup toh hain, New Zealand aur England Series ke baad, the management had said that if our performance remains intact then yahi team khelegi WC. Baaki ka we really want the seniors to get well before that,"Sonarika replied.

"Look! I guess this very team will be selected for the World Cup because you all will be in form. And the senior players will now be given ample time for rehab. So be ready to face the challenge,"Rahul said.

"Dara rahe ho kya?"Sonarika asked making him chuckle and he replied,"nyah! Why would I? I was just stating the facts. Aur tumlogon ka team kaafi aggressive mindset waali team hain because of the young blood. It will be a treat to watch you guys play the WC."

"Well, to be honest the Men's Team have always inspired us just like our senior Women's Team did. You all are our seniors and we really refer to the performances given by you all to improve ours."

"Well, thank you. Who is your favourite from the Women's Team? From the senior one and your own one too."

"From the senior one, Smriti ma'am, Mithali ma'am ofcourse, I really liked Jhulan ma'am, actually I love all of them, but Smriti ma'am is the most favourite one,"Sonarika said with a chuckle and then added,"aur apne team se has to be our Kaptan, Kharbanda. All of them are wow, Trisha, Shalini, Shakti, kaafi acche hain sab. Shakti gives quite good competition to me, since we are the allrounders, but she's a very good friend too. We discuss strategies together and learn together. But apna Captain thoda zyaada favourite hain, reason is she loves and trusts all of us a lot."

"You cannot say everyone in your team is wow. Anshika isn't,"Rahul said making her chuckle and she said,"well yes, not as a person, but she has been a good player really. I have seen her play before."

"You're really a good lady. Praising someone least likeable is a very rare shade found in ladies,"Rahul said in an impressed tone.

"Well, seems like you have great knowledge of ladies,"she joked making him chuckle when Hardik came from behind and said,"hah! I bet, not more than me."

"Agaya crazy copycat. Where were you? Searching your brain cells?"Rahul said making Hardik frown, and Sonarika giggled as he replied to Rahul,"no, yours. I have plenty of brain cells. Bina cells ke baap bhi bann gaya."

Rahul narrowed his eyes at Hardik and exclaimed,"what an absolute idiot you are. Wow!"

Rishabh came and stood beside Drishti and cleared his throat,"ahmm!"

"Agaya dubane?"Drishti asked looking at him.

"Nyah abhi nahi dubana,"he replied sitting beside her on the pool chair and added,"vaise kafi. Acchi dikh rahi hain."