🇮🇳CHAPTER SIXTY SIX~

"You're still fit enough to carry on with the responsibility of captaincy for at least two more years, then why are you leaving it? Are you planning a retirement too?"one of the new reporters asked Drishti in the ongoing press conference.

"No, not yet. I might play for two to four years maximum, but I won't be available for all the series and matches from now on. It has been ten years since I have been carrying this responsibility, and now it's time for the new gen to take over,"Drishti replied confidently.

"Mahi Bhai, yeh kya kehe rahi hain yeh? Achanak se captaincy kiyu chhor rahi hain?"Rishabh asked Mahi Bhai, standing at the end of the conference hall with him.

"Achanak se nahi. She has been thinking about it since few months. Aur abhi toh usey perfect replacement bhi mil gayi apni,"Mahi Bhai replied calmly.

"Iska matlab agli captain..."Rishabh went to say but Drishti's voice echoed around the hall before he could complete.

"Tejaswini Bhardwaj! The new captain of the Indian Women's Senior Cricket team,"Drishti said while calling Tejaswini, who looked around with uncertain eyes before going up to the former captain.

"And now presenting you, Atreya Mukherjee, the new Vice-Captain of our team,"Drishti said calling up Atreya, who walked up to her and stood on her other side.

Holding their hands she added,"the next gen leaders are here, infront of you. Am sure that keeping in mind their recent performances, everyone will accept them wholeheartedly."

Everyone clapped for the new captains while Drishti gave a comforting squeeze to their hands and whispered,"all the very best my young ladies. You both will do great and much better than us."

Rishabh walked out of the conference hall while Zaheer Bhai came up to Mahi Bhai to talk about something. Anshika was standing outside, clapping for her sister's achievement when she saw Rishabh and he saw her as well. They came face to face and she passed him an awkward smile and said,"Hi!"

"Hello!"Rishabh replied.

"Well, maine Mahi Bhai, teammate aur Kharbanda se toh maafi maang li hain, now, just you are left. I am sorry Rishabh,"Anshika said.

Rishabh was taken aback by the change in her behaviour and he said,"it's okay...but..."

"Don't ask any question. It's just out of a late realisation."

"Better late than never, Anshika. All the best for your future endeavours."

"Same to you. May you and Kharbanda remain a happy family forever,"Anshika said before walking away as her dad was calling her.

"Aaj sabko ho kya gaya hain yaar?"Rishabh said and walked away.

************************************

"Tell me something, why are you mixing alcohol in soft drinks? Issey toh aur zyaada charhegi, aur Drishti di, Sona di yeh log toh soft drinks hi lete hain abhi. Phir kiyu barbaad kar raha hain unka drinks?"Tejaswini asked Harnoor as he was doing the task secretly.

"Keep quiet and pass me that bottle,"he replied.

"Dekh agar tuney mujhe nahi bataya na toh main jaakey Captain ko bol dungi,"Tejaswini threatened him.

"Areh meri maa...okay fine, this is a plan to make few people relax around each other and rekindle the former equation of their relation,"Harnoor said.

"Accha? How will that happen if they're intoxicated?"

"See! This is the difference between us. I know things within the circle, you don't,"Harnoor said making her frown and he added,"don't make that face. Okay fine, I'll tell you how is intoxication related to them,"and he started telling her the past incident.