🇮🇳CHAPTER FORTY TWO~

"Will it be a complete whitewash for India against England in the ODI series as well? A defeat in the first match is rather adding up to their first whitewashed Test Series against England itself. The Indian Women's Cricket team is facing defeats after a long time. Will this poor performance lead to their defeat in the World Cups as well?"

"Sources states that few of the major players in the Indian Women's Cricket Team are in dating mode. Is this having a negative impact on their game? Is this the reason behind these defeats?"

"Love is blossoming within the two Blue teams, but the reason behind the blue jerseys, their game, is being neglected."

"The biggest shock has been to see the poor performance of big hitters like Drishti Kharbanda, Trishani Thakur, Shalini Chauhan, and lucid bowling by the super bowlers as well. Only Anshika Mukherjee, Sonarika Gill and Praniti Agarwal seemed to be on track in the entire test series. However, the team has incurred a defeat on the first ODI match against England too. Does this mean that England will manage to dominate the Indian team in World Cup as well?"

"Captain Kharbanda seems to have lost the aggression she had just few days ago. The passion is missing, instead, it seems to be flowing towards a fellow wicketkeeping batsman from the other team Blue."

Quietly sitting alone on the terrace, Drishti went through few articles in her phone and was about to throw it away due to her anger when a hand stopped her.

"Golu!"she exclaimed looking behind on finding Rishabh standing near her. Hugging his waist she rested her forehead on his abdomen while tears flowed down her eyes.

Rishabh sighed and said,"aisa kya hogaya ki meri Chanchala roney lagi hain?"

Drishti didn't reply anything, instead, her silent crying turned into low sobbing. Rishabh ran his fingers through her hair and said,"ek series harke itna depressed honewali ladki toh nahi hain tu. You have made a team out of a bunch of girls. Yaad kar voh games jaha tumlog haara karte theh. Aur abb toh haarte bhi ho toh ek level pe jaake. Then why are you crying?"

"Mujhe kuch accha nahi lag raha hain Golu. Kuch bhi nahi. Wherever am looking, there's disappointment, only disappointment,"Drishti stated and then looked up at Rishabh and asked,"humlog World Cup bhi haar jayenge kya?"

"Nah!"Rishabh said while making her stand and added,"nahi haregi. Na tu haregi, na teri team haregi. Kharbanda, tu sherdil bandi hain. Itni si baat pe matt roya kar. ODI ka ek match gaya hain. Doh baaki hain, aur T20 bhi baaki hain. Test ko goli maar. Jo gaya soh gaya. Yeh doh series jeet ke dikha deh. Articles, memes, negative comments, all these are part and parcel of our lives. We are sportspersons, we have to overcome all these. Mujhe tujhpar aur tere team par poora yakeen hain. Mahi Bhai ko toh hain hi. Aur baaki sabko hain. Tumlog zaroor jeetoge."

Drishti smiled slightly and hugged Rishabh, wrapping her arms around his neck and said,"apne life mein bohot kamm aise log hain jo mujhe shaant kar sakey. And you're one of those few people. Aur pata nahi jab se humlog miley hain, whenever I have been on the verge of breaking down emotionally, you have been beside me, counselling me at once."

"Just like that evening when you were doing pitch study post the Men vs Women match?"Rishabh asked with a chuckle.

"And at the hotel, when we confessed for the first time,"Drishti added resting her forehead against his.

"I brought a white gown for you. Yaad hain, humnein decide kiya tha ki England mein declare karenge humare relation ke baarein mein? Toh aaj raat hi kar dete hain,"Rishabh said looking at her lovingly.