🇮🇳CHAPTER THIRTY~

It has been more than two weeks since the New Zealand tour was over, and everyone was back to their home with their families. However, amidst this, the ICL i.e The Indian Cricket League had been announced officially and it was the auction day of the players. Since it was the first season, and an experimental one as well, there was only six teams in total- Chennai, Delhi, Bangalore, Kolkata, Mumbai, Ahmedabad.

According to the tournament structure, each team was supposed to play against each other once, which meant that each team will play five matches, hence six teams playing five matches meant total thirty matches in the Group Stage. The tournament was scheduled in a way which would take about one month for the Group Stage matches to get over, and then there would be playoffs and the finals.

The playoffs rule of ICL was made different from the IPL and was kept simple as it was the first season. The top four teams in the point table would play against each other according to Team 1 vs Team 2 and Team 3 vs Team 4 tradition. The winner between Team 1 and Team 2 would qualify to the finals and the winner between Team 3 and Team 4 would qualify next.

Few among the Men in Blue were sitting together at Rohit's house and watching the auction, when Rohit explained them the format and Virat said,"vaise format simple hi hain ICL ka toh. Accha hi hain, I'll play for Delhi in this tournament."

"Me and Jasprit are in Mumbai again, kitna mann tha ki thoda change hoga,"Rohit said with a frown.

"Lo meri pyaari Rohitaaaa Sharmaaaa, main bhi hoon tumhare team mein, aur Hardik aur Rahul bhi Mumbai mein gaye, wah wah wah. Maze hain inke toh,"Yuzi said and giggled.

"Saath mein Trishani Thakur bhi hain,"Virat said and Rohit added,"chalo yeh accha hain, we got Thakur. Par Kharbanda kidhar gayi? Puchase hogayi kya voh? Maine dekha nahi shuru se, Sammy ke saath tha."

"Kab ka purchase karliya usko Delhi ne,"Virat said and did a dance while sitting.

"Aur kaun kaun hain Delhi mein?"Jasprit asked.

"Shubman hain, Shreyas hain, Shaktipriya hain, aur chal raha hain abhi bhi auction, dekhte hain aur kaun kaun aata hain. Ek baat acchi hain, iss season mein sab Indian players hain teams kamm hone ke kaaran,"Virat replied.

"Haan that's true though. Bangalore team is also good. Sonarika Gill hain waha, along with Rishabh, Ishan, Manish and Richa,"Jasprit said.

"Oh teri! Richa Bangalore mein hain?"Rohit asked.

"Tere paas Jasprit hain, ussey mann nahi bhar raha?"Virat asked making him frown.

"Sunne mein aaya hain ki yeh season hit hogayi toh there will be twelve teams in the next one,"Shardul said while entering the livingroom.

"Hit toh honi hi hain, likh ke deh raha hoon,"Rohit said.

Here the girls were chatting in their WhatsApp group and discussing about ICL. They were happy to get the chance of playing with their favourite players and learn from them, but they were a bit nervous too.

Shalini:- Sab alag alag team mein hogaye hum log yaar.

Praniti:- Haan, heartbreaking thing about this kind of tournaments is this.

Taniya:- Chalo at least you all will learn new techniques from seniors. Main toh unsold hoon abhi tak.

Richa:- Thaare ko bhi le hi lenge koi team. Anshika ko Kolkata ne le liya toh tujhe thodei chhorenge.

Taniya:- Main unsold thik hoon par uske team mein nahi jaana mujhe.

Sonarika:- Shakti ko dekh, humare Captain ki saath hi khelegi.