🇮🇳 EPILOGUE~

FOUR YEARS LATER~

Commentator 1:- And it's a massive sixer into the air, and with this, the undefeated warrior of the Women's team lays down her bat today, sealing the ODI series with India's win. What a great way to close the chapter of her active Cricket career. An era comes to an end today.

Commentator 2:- The Drishti Kharbanda will be missed by every cricket fan. We hope to see her continuing the Women's IPL and the ICL too, but we won't get to see her in the blue jersey again, neither the white jersey of Tests.

Commentator 1:- We will see Trishani Thakur, Shaktipriya Batra and Richa Bajla for sometime, before they take their leave too. This golden team has almost come to an end right? All the new faces, led by Tejaswini Bhardwaj now. High level talented young girls again, under the mentorship of Virat Kohli. It's great that Kharbanda and few others of the old team got the mentorship of their another idol too.

Commentator 2:- We will play few greatest moments of our Captain's career on-screen today, while the players will give a final guard of honour with their bats held high, on the field.

Drishti knelt down and touched the ground of Eden Gardens and then bowed to the spectators, before walking through the honour path made by the teammates, with tearful eyes. It was her last match. Her career kickstarted from this very field and it's ending here today. It was an emotional moment for her, hence she sighed.

Looking towards the pavilions she found Rishabh standing there with Reyansh and their three years old daughter Dishari, in his arms, who was clapping with her little hands. She smiled at them before walking towards the pavilion named after her.

"You saw that baby? Aapki Mummy ka last game hain yeh,"Rishabh said to Dishari.

"Lash gim,"Dishari repeated, earning a kiss on her cheek, from her father.

"Mummy ko phir kabhi blue jersey mein nahi dekhenge na Papa. Jaise aapko nahi dekh paate hain,"Reyansh said sadly.

"Aye betu, yeh toh hona hi tha. Purane jaatey hain tabhi toh naye aatey hain. Always remember, ending is necessary for a new beginning,"Rishabh said before Reyansh hugged him by his waist and said,"I'll miss seeing you both playing on field, Papa."

Rishabh sighed and hugged him with his free hand and said,"I will miss us on field too. But now we will wait for you to take over soon. If you want."

"Obviously I do!"Reyansh replied.

Years passed by, many things changed, some things didn't. Shubman and Richa stood at the rooftop of the galleries after the presentation ceremony was over. Few spectators were still present, taking snaps.

"So, I heard you're planning for an early retirement,"Shubman asked her.

"Yes, I am. After Rishabh Bhai's retirement, you're the captain now, Shubh. You have to be present in every match till you retire, and I want to move with you. I still remember how things had fallen apart few years back. Also, our boys are small now, I cannot keep them with nanny all the time. They need me Shub,"Richa replied.

"Richa, Shresht aur Raghav ko tumhari zaroorat hain I know. But that doesn't mean ki tum complete retirement le lo. You can play matches, if not all, at least the important ones,"Shubman said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes I am."

"Aur tum..."

"Richa main toh retire kar hi jaunga aur char paanch saalon mein. Tab tak adjust kar lenge. Aur phir, tumhare teammates ke tumhari zaroorat hain. I guess, you will be the last senior in the team kiyuki Batra aur Thakur bhi tumhare pehele hi retire ho jayenge."