🇮🇳CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR~

It was the first Test Match for the new Women In Blue team and that too against a team like New Zealand. The girls were a bit nervous, as well as excited. The men's team had already lost their first Test against the New Zealand Men's team, hence the girls were sitting in their dressing room, discussing about the matter, while Drishti had went for the toss and had selected to bat first.

"Nah matlab aiso na hain ki vah log har gaye toh hum bhi harenge,"Richa said.

"Oh pleaseeee Bajla! It's New Zealand team we will be facing today, and moreover, this is our first Test match ever. I don't think we will win,"Anshika said.

"Matlab ek bhi ball face karne seh pehele hi har maanlo yeh sahi hain!"Trishani said.

The other teammates looked on as Anshika said,"I am stating facts. Men's team nahi hara paate hain Kiwis ko, hum kya khaak harayenge first time pe."

Shalini said,"Men's Kiwi team aur women's kiwi team alag hain vaise. Shayad bhul gayi tu."

"Par hain toh kiwis hi na. And we are underdogs in terms of experience. They are far better than our team. Whatsoever, I'll try my best,"Anshika replied.

"No need to try your best, instead, you take rest,"Drishti said while entering the dressing room.

"What to you mean?"Anshika hissed at her.

"Praniti will open with Thakur today. Antara will play in place of Shakti. I'll be in fourth spot, Gill will take the fifth. Baaki ka setting remains the same. Let's go girls!"Drishti said.

"What the fuck! You can't do this with me.", Anshika said.

"Girls, taiyaar raho apne apne turn ke liye. We will win today. Thakur, Praniti, all the best.", Drishti said ignoring Anshika.

Mahi Bhai walked up to the girls and said,"okay so try your best today. It's your first test match ever, girls. Praniti and Trishani...all the best."

The duo nodded and walked away to pad up while Anshika murmured,"just because I don't say anything doesn't means you all will keep ignoring me like this,"while Drishti passed by her side, giving a pat on her shoulder and saying,"it was necessary to try Praniti today. Don't mind. Whatever."

Praniti and Trishani opened for the team and set a momentum for short while as Trishani played a T20, scoring 28 runs off 9 balls and got out. Mahi Bhai frowned while Shalini went to bat next and played a longer innings with Praniti, scoring 55 before getting out due to a mis timed shot.

"Kharbanda! Test match hain, okay?"Mahi Bhai said to Drishti who gave a nod and went to bat next, but as per her batting style, she scored a quickfire 40 off just 15 balls and came back after getting caught while trying to hit a sixer. Mahi Bhai face palmed himself and looked at her along with Shalini and Trishani and said,"tumlog Test khelne aaye ho ki T20?"and the trio smiled like idiots.

Sonarika went next and finally a long partnership was built between her and Praniti. The duo stood like walls and scored individual centuries, ending the batting session with a score of 357, in which Praniti added 120 runs and Sonarika added 114 runs before Drishti gave a declaration. The total score was greatly wonderful as per the team's first Test Match was concerned. After a break, it was time for New Zealand to face the Indian bowlers and Drishti passed her keeping gloves to Shehnaaz and said,"aaj teri baari. Main chali fielding karne."

"Tere rehete main karu?"she asked and Drishti replied,"haan toh kabhi main injured hui yah team mein nahi hui toh ek aur perfect keeper honi chaiye na. And you're a quite good keeper too. Matches mein keeping nahi karegi toh skills kharab ho jayegi."

Trishani said,"all the best Shehnaaz!" and patted on her back before running to Drishti while stretching up.

"Tera irada kya hain bhai?", she asked to her.