Twenty-Two

Casey 

I glance at the calendar with a smile. Just 10 more days until the birth of our beautiful baby girl. I'm so excited. I can't get over the fact that I'm going to be a parent... Kathryn and I are going to be mothers. 17-year-old Casey Kings would not have imagined this kind of life. Hell, I didn't even want kids when I was younger nor did I want to get married.

But here I am, a week and a few days from being a mother and a year and two months from being married. Biting my lip, I realize I can't contain the smile growing on my face. The sound of Kathryn groaning in pain grabs my attention. I quickly exit the living room and head towards my fiance, concerned for her well-being. "Baby, are you okay?" I question, finding her in the restroom.

The woman is hunched over, sweat beads kissing her forehead as she groans, grabbing her stomach and hoping to relieve some pain. "Ryn?"

Brown eyes find mine as she lets out a breath, "I think we need to get to the hospital," she mutters breathlessly. I raise my brows, "What? Why?"

The woman rolls her eyes, "It hurts. A lot." I frown when I notice tears in her eyes. I clench my jaw, taking her words seriously as I rush out of the restroom and head towards our closet. I grab our jackets and slip into a random pair of loafers. "When did it start?" I question, heading back into the restroom to help her up.

"Sometime before we took our nap. It didn't hurt as much so I ignored it but... the pain is more painful and... I think I'm having contractions."

I stare at the woman, "Contractions? We're a week and 2 days away from the due date. Are you sure they're contractions?" I question, not wanting to freak out. "I remember reading about all of this last week. It feels like I'm on my period, they're like cramps but way worse. Something like if the pain is longer, stronger, and closer together, that means the baby is on the way."

I nod my head and help her into her jacket, "Okay. Okay. I'll grab the keys and some water and we'll go."

Kathryn nods her head, tears staining her cheeks as she exits the room before me. I search around the room for the keys before remembering they were on the couch. To say I was scared was an absolute understatement. She's having contractions way before our due date. Isn't that bad? Doctor Wells told us the 18th is an estimated time but even if he was off she wouldn't be due a week before that date. 

Finally getting the keys and water, Ryn and I exit the apartment and make our way down the stairs and to the car. "How many minutes apart are they?" I question the brunette as I unlock and open the passenger door. 

"Like 5 minutes."

"Has your water broken already?" I question. Is it bad to have contractions before your water breaks? Kathryn shakes her head causing me to worry more than I already was. "Okay..." I mutter closing the door behind her. "Okay," I whisper as I rush to the driver's side and get in. 

A warm hand is placed on top of my shaky hand. "Calm down, if you freak out, I'm going to freak out and this will all be a disaster. Just inhale and exhale," she whispers softly. I glance at her from the corner of my eye, still scared about what was going on. I do as told, inhaling and exhaling slowly before starting the car.

"How can you be so calm?" I question.

She smiles softly, "I'm honestly freaking out but if I show that I am, you'll freak out and that will make me freak out even more than I already am."

I chuckle lightly, she's got a point. "Tell me a story or something, take my mind off of this stressful night," she mutters beside me. Nodding my head, I place my hand against her leg, realizing she was only in her nightgown. I decide not to put too much focus on how she was dressed since we had bigger matters.