Eighty-Eight

Casey 

I stretch in the bed before leaning back into my girlfriend, wrapping my arm around her torso as she sleeps soundlessly beside me. I can't help but smile as I press my lips against her shoulder, happily. 

The second I close my eyes and try to go back to sleep, the sound of my ringing phone grabs my attention. Quickly, I let the woman go and reach for my phone, not the sound to wake her up. I climb out of bed and make my way into her living room, giving myself some privacy as I answer the phone.

"This better be important," I spit at Eddie. He chuckles, "It's not my fault you spent the night fucking your girlfriend instead of sleeping," he teases, knowing me a little too well. I frown and roll my eyes, annoyed that my actions were too predictable. 

The man clears his throat and speaks again. "Do you know what today is?" he questions.

I furrow my brows and place my free hand on my hip as I put all my weight on my right leg, thinking about the day. "I don't think it has any significance. Why?"

He sighs and I didn't need to see him to know he was shaking his head in disappointment. "Today is granny's birthday!" Cassie mutters, answering my question for me. My brows raise and my eyes widen as I pull the phone away from my ear and check today's date. Sure enough, it was March 15th. Oh damn! How could I forget my own mother's birthday?

"What are we doing for her birthday?" I question, knowing I was probably a shitty person for forgetting such a thing. "Well, today Cass, Kathy, and I were just going to take her shopping and then go out for dinner. She doesn't really wanna go all out today since John is taking her to Vegas tomorrow."

I frown at the information. "What? He's just going to take my mom away from me?" I question, annoyed with that idea. How does he know we didn't have anything planned for her? He's just doing whatever the hell he wants!

"Are you coming over or what?" Eddie questions, ignoring my dislike for my mother's friend. Letting out a breath, I decide to ignore my pettiness as well. "Yeah. I'll be over in a bit," I mutter before ending the call. 

I can't help but shake my head as I make my way back into the bedroom. I grab my pants that were discarded by the bed. Once I have my pants on, I grab my shirt and socks. "Where are you going?" I hear. Not being able to hold back my smile, I glance over my shoulder, my gaze falling onto the brown-skinned woman facing me as she lies on the bed.

Clearing my throat, I throw my shirt over my head. "Today's my mom's birthday," I mutter.

Her eyes close as she nods her head, "Don't leave without me," she mutters softly, fighting the urge to go back to sleep. Chuckling, I climb back onto the bed and crawl to her. "Stay here, go back to sleep," I muttered, placing my lips against her temple.

She shakes her head, "No, I want to go with you. May I go with you?" she questions, opening her eyes to glance at me. I smile softly as I nod my head. "Of course, you may. I think she'd love to see you, to be honest. And from my knowledge, Kathryn'll be there which means Mateo probably will as well and I'd rather not be alone if that happens," I mutter.

Mallory chuckles. 

I eye her in confusion, wondering what was funny but she shakes her head, not bothering on enlightening me. I leave it at that as I get out of bed. "Let's take a shower," the brown-skinned beauty mutters.

Glancing down at my clothed body, I frown a little, wishing she had made this suggestion before I wasted my time getting dressed. She pulls the duvet away from her, exposing her gorgeous nude brown skin. I can't help but bite my lip, aroused by the sight.