One Hundred-Seven

Kathryn 

Pulling into the driveway of Lillie's home, I'm met with a familiar set of russet eyes. I can't help but smile at the brown-skinned woman as I park and climb out of the vehicle. "As a teacher, you should be ashamed for arriving so late, even your boyfriend got here before you did" Casey jokes, wiping sweat from her forehead. 

I roll my eyes and chuckle, "Oh shut up," I retort, unable to think of a sarcastic comeback. "Wow, that was... wow," she mutters sarcastically, ashamed I didn't have more to add on.

Once again, I roll my eyes before subconsciously allowing myself to check her out. I admire the tightness of her black shirt, hugging every curve and crevice her body had to offer. "Where's Mallory? I thought she'd be here with you," I mutter, forcing my eyes away from her body. Who knew I found a sleeve of tattoos so hot?

The brown-skinned woman lets out a breath. "No, she- Her mom is supposed to be having surgery and she wanted to be there for emotional support. So you just get me for today," she mutters, a little upset that she and her girlfriend wouldn't be spending time together for however many days she'd be away.

I nod my head. "Well that sucks, you work better with her around," I joke. Casey's jaw drops as she eyes me before she shakes her head. I laugh, "Kidding, where's Everyone at?" I question, walking with her to the front door.

"Em and Soph are in the kitchen. Josh started the grill maybe about an hour ago and Mateo was helping me set up," she mutters. I stop in my tracks as I stare at her. "You two haven't killed each other yet?" I joke. 

"Ha. Ha. We were actually talking, calmly, like civilized adults. Mostly talking about you and the such," she mutters as she opens the door, allowing me to step inside first. I do. I also noticed that I didn't see John's vehicle in the driveway. "Where's Lillie and John?" I question, surprised to not see the duo here.

Russet brown eyes land on me. "Well... I wasn't sure if they knew the news so I asked them to make a run for me, to not spoil anything. Should I not have done that?"

I smile at the brown-skinned woman and pat her arm, "No, you did good. Thank you."

She nodded her head before making her way back to whatever she was doing before I arrived. I eye her for a bit longer before a pair of arms wrap around my body. "Mmm," I hum, a smile spreading on my lips as I pull Mateo closer. We hug for a long few seconds before he pulls away slightly, pressing his lips against my own.

I'm a little shocked by the kiss as my eyes widen and shoot over to glance at my ex-fiance. She stands to the far side of the living room, her eyes on us as jealousy layers over her facial features. I avoid her glance as I look back at my boyfriend. I place my hands on his shoulders, pushing him back a little.

"Wow," I mutter, unsure what to say. It didn't take a genius to know he acted so brash because Casey is here. He wanted to make her jealous by rubbing our relationship in her face. He's usually not this assertive. He'd at least speak to me first. 

He sighs, pressing his forehead to mine. "Sorry, that was a little aggressive. I just... I missed you," he mutters, finally pulling away to meet my gaze. I smile and nod my head in agreement with his statement. However, I also feel kind of out of place by that kiss. Having Casey's eyes on us made me feel... weird.

I pull out of arms, setting my purse down on the couch. I try to ignore what just happened as I make my way into the kitchen spotting my best friends. Sophia smiles the second her chocolate brown eyes land on me. "Kathy! It's been way too long. How are you?" She questions, pulling me into a hug. 

Smiling, I wrap my arms around her as well. "I'm okay, a little nervous about today," I mutter honestly. Nodding her head she pulls away, allowing my gaze to fall on her wife. Cerulean blue eyes glance me over as she pushes a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear. "You'll be fine, you owe him that much," she mutters.