Seventy-Two

Kathryn

"Are you absolutely sure you don't want me to drive you home? I'm soberer than you are right now," Gerald chuckled as we make our way to the double doors. 

I chuckle and nod my head as I push some hair from my face, "I'm fine. I don't want to leave my truck here, they might tow it or something and I don't want to deal with that headache. I'll text you when I get home, I promise," I pat his arm.

I notice a body heading toward him and before I could warn him, the person bumps into him spilling their drink all over him. I could practically see the fumes from Gerald's ears as he turns to face the person, ready to go off. However, we both pause as we notice who the person was.

"Oh shit, man. I'm fuckin' sorry," Casey slurs, and I could tell she was drunk and high. She laughs and leans on Gerald, her eyes barely able to stay open. "Yo, you got something on your shirt," she giggles as she points to the liquid stain she'd just given him.

Green eyes land on me in confusion as he places his hands on her shoulders, pushing her back. "Are you okay, Casey?" he questions.

The brown-skinned woman smiles, her eyes closed as she nods her head. "I'm numb," she slurs and falls backward. Gerald and I react fast to catch her before she could hit the floor. I frown in displeasure as I stare at my ex-fiance. "Did you come here with someone?" I question, slapping her cheeks softly.

Russet eyes meet my gaze causing my heart to stop in my chest. She eyes me for a few seconds, unable to form any words. After a minute she smiles at me, "You look like someone I love," she mutters. Clenching my jaw, I eye the woman sadly. "But she's in a relationship," she sighs, lifting up from our hold.

Her eyes turn sad as she pouts. "I ruined that relationship and I don't know what to do. Seeing them together... seeing him look at her the way I used to, it hurts," she mutters, her eyes landing on me once more, a hurt expression settling on her features. 

I let out a breath, already knowing she was talking about me. I mean, she did confess to me last month that she was still in love with me. I'd be silly to not believe her. "You won't leave me for Mr. Tall, dark, and handsome... will you?" she questions.

I frown and shake my head, which she was more than happy to see. She rocks her head side to side with a wide grin on her face and I can't help but admire her. "Did you come here with someone?" Gerald questions, realizing she hadn't answered me earlier.

Casey hums and shakes her head. "No but I hope I'm leaving with her tonight, she looks like she'll taste good," she mutters, eyes on me hungrily. I can't help but blush at her words before furrowing my brows. Gerald clears his throat, glancing between the two of us.

"I can take her home, I know Cassandra's address," the light-skinned man mutters. I turn my gaze away from my ex-fiance for a few seconds and when I look back she's already exiting the club. Frowning, I follow behind her with Gerald hot on my tail. I grab her wrist before she can walk out into traffic.

"She's going to be a lot to handle, I'll just take her and I can stay there for the night," I mutter.

The man furrows his brows as he eyes me, silently asking me if that was such a great idea. It wasn't. But truth be told, I didn't trust Casey with Gerald and he lived opposite of her and had been drinking. I couldn't make him stay up later just to take her home. And I'll be damned if I send her home in an Uber or taxi when she was clearly not in her right state of mind. Anything can happen.

Sighing, Gerald nods his head but he helps me with the woman to the truck before parting ways with us.

Once Casey is securely in the passenger's seat, I make my way to the driver's seat and get in. The minute I start the car, I feel eyes on me. I quickly glance over at the woman, finding her hungry gaze on me as she bites her lip.