One Hundred Twenty-Four

Casey

"I'm going to miss them. When can we come back?" I ask Mallory as she gets onto the freeway. We were finally heading back home and a part of me didn't want to go just yet. The brown-skinned beauty smiled as she glanced at me. "You were so nervous meeting them, now look at you."

I chuckle, "Yeah, well they were fun to be around. And I liked learning new things about you," I tease causing her to roll her eyes. I learned so many great things about this amazing woman. And I wanted to tease her later about what I found out. 

Again, the woman rolls her eyes. "I'm just glad they like you. It usually takes Anne weeks before she can accept or approve a partner and you got her approval in two days. You don't understand how easy it is to be around you, you bring out the best in everyone and you're so fun," the brown-skinned beauty muttered.

"That's not what Traci thought," I bring up the light-skinned woman.

Mallory scoffs, "Fuck Traci. I mean she's great and all for Anne, they complement each other so well but she's kind of a bitch to everyone else. And in a way, I can understand that. She only shows her sweet side to her fiance."

I chuckle and nod my head in agreement. Even though she apologized for her disrespectful comment about our relationship, she didn't clean up her act. But anyone would be an idiot to overlook how much she cared about Anne and Tanisha. Maybe she just hadn't gotten there with us because it was her first time meeting or even hearing about us.

I sit back in my seat, my mind on something other than my mini vacation. A few moments of silence is what makes Mallory notice my distant behavior. She reaches over, placing a hand on my leg giving it a gentle squeeze. "What's up?" she questioned softly.

Inhaling, I place my hand on top of hers. "I'm just... I'm surprised. I thought all this time my mom had moved on, only to find out that she's been struggling to. I didn't know. I didn't think she'd reject John," I sigh, still appalled by it all.

When she told me, I was relieved but at the same time, I felt bad for her. It wasn't like she was trying to get over someone who was still here, she was stuck on someone who passed away and I think that makes it harder. I clench my jaw.

Mallory remains quiet, unsure of what to say. Honestly, there was nothing to say. 

Clearing my throat, I sit up in my seat and intertwine our fingers. "When is your deadline?" I question, focusing on her.

The brown-skinned woman hums. "January 5th, I believe. I'll have to check my emails again. I know we won't like it but I'll have to be alone for a while so I can get that out of the way," she mutters forcing a frown onto my lips.

I groan, "Do I have to leave you alone? I promise to be on my best behavior," I offer an innocent smile. She chuckles, "Casey you can give me a look and I'll want to have sex, so yes I have to be alone to work."

I try to bite back my smile to no avail. "Were you this sexually active with your exes?" I find myself asking before really thinking about the question. Did I really care to know if she was as active with them sexually as she was with me?

"Yes and no," she answers.

My brows raise as I wait for her to further explain her answer. Mallory lets out a breath. "When I started dating them it was exciting and I jumped at any opportunity to get into bed with them but as the relationship grew I found it hard to be sexual with them at times."

I hum and nod my head. "Do you think it'll be like that with me?" I question, curious.

Mallory smiles as she shakes her head. "No. You keep things romantic. You always take me out on dates and bring me flowers. You keep things between us alive, so of course I always want to have sex with you."